51.

Fred's POV.

Ben continued to come to my house like nothing happened. But his behavior towards me changed. He wasn't annoying anymore, he cares more about me, he takes care of my small responsibilities like I'm weak and he always asks me if I'm fine or need anything every five minutes. Literally every FIVE minutes.

After breakfast we just sat in the living room doing absolutely nothing. He sat like, five feet away from me. "Uh- Ben, can I ask you something?"

He put his phone down. "Sure, what's up?"

"Lately um, your behavior towards me...."

"What about it? Am I treating you bad again?"

"No no. You're not. You're just a bit too worried about me." I didn't know how to put it. I'm glad he cares about me but I enjoyed his company more when he was annoying.

"Oh. I just don't want to anger you anymore."

"You weren't angering me."

"But every time when I looked at your face you looked annoyed."

"Yeah, but in a good way."

"So you don't like me caring for you?"

"No. Abso-fucking-lutely not."

"You sure you're not tired of me?"

"When have I ever said that? You look better annoying."

"Okay then." He shifted closer to me. We sat in comfortable silence for a while. Then my stomach grumbled. "Are you hungry?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

"You want me to make you something?"

"No, I have a better idea." I took my keys and phone then pulled him up. "We're going out today."

"But it's a school night."

"Doesn't matter." I pulled him with me to his car. I drove while he sat in the front passenger seat playing with my phone. Again. I'm glad he's back. After a while we reached the mall.

"Wait, you didn't say we're going to the mall. I didn't bring my wallet."

"You always forget your wallet, which is why is why I brought it for you." I gave it to him.

"True." He took it and put it into his back pocket. We went straight to the arcade. I beat him at every game.

"Would you stop letting me win and play fair?!"

"I am playing fair. I just don't know how to play these games."

"You have an Xbox."

"That's different."

"Whatever, let's go eat. I'm starving." I pulled him with me to the food court. I don't know why but I like to pull him with me. Might be because I want to hold hands with him.😏

We ate at KFC then returned back to the car. "Where should we go now? I'm out of ideas." I sighed.

"How about the cliff?"

"Sure." He drove this time while I fell asleep in the passenger. I could still feel the car motion and turns. Then I felt someone's lips pecking mine. Making me wake up.

Ben was driving with his headsets on. I guess I just dreamed it. It didn't happen. After a little while, the car stopped. We sat down a blanket and sat our usual position. He rested his head on my lap then put my hands on his face. The silence felt natural.

While he was playing with my phone it started ringing. It was Jer. He gave it to me instead of trying to answer it as usual. "Hi."

"Again? Are seriously alright? You're starting to worry me."

"I'm fine. No need to worry." I couldn't say babe. It felt wrong.

"Okay. Well, I just wanted to check on you. I miss you so much. When can I see you?"

"I don't know. I've been very busy lately with school and..." I looked at Ben soothing face, "stuff."

"Are you gonna be free this Saturday?"

"I don't know. Maybe, maybe not."

"Babe, are you sure you're fine?"

"I said I'm fine. Would you stop with these stupid questions!"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to anger you."

I sighed. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap. I'm just a litre frustrated right now."

"It's okay. I understand."

"Maybe I'll be free on Saturday."

"Okay. So can we chat? I really miss you."

"Right now, I'm kinda busy so, "

"Oh, o-kay. I understand."

"We'll chat later."

"Alright. Bye. I love you."

"Bye." I hung up. I couldn't bring myself to say it when I knew it isn't true. I love Ben, not Jeremy anymore. But I don't want to lose him. I tressure him. We sat in comfortable silence again.