48.

Fred's POV.

The next day after school we just chilled at his house. We sat in the dinning room, watching random stuff on TV. Nothing interesting happened and he acted like nothing happened yesterday. Which pissed me off. I thought he actually like me.

"I'm really bored today." He exclaimed.

"Mhm."

"You've been quiet the whole day. What are you thinking?"

"Nothing important."

"Are you sure? You've been spacing out quite a lot."

"Yeah, I'm fine. Are you gonna sleep at my house tomorrow?"

"Yeah. Why do you ask? Do you have plans?"

"No. Just asking. My mother wants me to meet someone and I think it's a special someone."

"Oh. I've never seen your mom standing with a guy anytime. Who do you think it is?"

"I have no clue at all."

"I guess we'll just see."

"Yeah."

Absolutely nothing happened Thursday. Friday went by fast too. After school we went to my house. Ben helped me cook. I got a message from mom:

We'll be there in a few.

Luckily we were almost done. We took the took the food to the table. After a couple of minutes of waiting mom came in. "Hey guys. I want you to meet Aliyah." A cute woman walked in after her. She waved hi. She seems shy.

LIKE WTF!!!😨😨😨😱

"Hi." She spoke softly. My smiled had disappeared.

"Huh?" Was all I could say.

"Aliyah, this is Freddy, my son, and Ben, his friend."

"Nice to meet you." She smiled.

"Huh?" Was all I could say again.

"Nice to meet you too." Ben smiled at her. "We'll be right back. Please, help yourselves to some food." He took me upstairs into my room and sat me down on the bed. "Are you alright?"

"My, my mom. She's....what?! Why did I not know about this?"

"Maybe she was just planning the right moment to tell you."

"But she married my dad."

"Just like how my dad married my mom too I guess."

"This, this is....I have no words."

"How do you feel about this?"

"I don't know."

"But are you happy for her?"

"I don't know."

"Just try to be thought. Since she's fine with you being gay."

I guess he's right. It does make sense now. She's always been kinda tomboyish. "I'll try." He sat down next to me.

"I guess I should also take my own advice." We sat in silence for a couple of seconds. Then he took my hand in his. It helped. I didn't even think about the hope giving thing now,  I know it's only just for support. We went back downstairs.

"Sorry about that." I said as we sat down next to them. I smiled at her, she smiled back. "Nice to meet you by the way."

"Oh, it's fine. I get it. I'd also be in shock if I found out this way about my parent." I guess she's nice.

We had dinner like any other family of weirdos. Yes, weirdos. There are two homosexual relationships on the table and are opposite to each other.

HOW WEIRD IS THAT!!!?

After dinner mom and Aliyah did the dishes while me and Ben went to my room. We just laid on the bed staring at the ceiling. "Well, that was a success." He smiled.

"I guess. Are you gonna accept Timmy now?" He first looked at me then sat up straight.

"I don't know. It's somehow different."

"How?" I sat up too.

"Lesbian and gay are different. A chick kissing a chick is hot. But a dude kissing another dude is just messed up."

"Oh." Wow! How insulting can he be?!

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that."

"No, it's fine. I get it. You're confused."

"Huh?"

"I was also like this when I found out about my sexual orientation."

"So you mean I could be gay?"

I shrugged. "Maybe, maybe not. I can't tell you that, but you'll find out sooner or later."

"Hmm." He rested his head on my shoulder.

I'm such a selfish person. All this time, instead of helping my friend out I'm busy wishing for him to like me. Wow! I'm so disgustang.