9.

"Hi." He spoke softly. He and dad were holding hands.

"Hi. I'm Ted." I tried to speak as nice as I could with a soft grin on my face.

"Nice to meet you. And you are?" He asked looking at Ben. Ben was still frozen while staring at him. Fred tried shaking his arm but he was still out of it.

"Hi, I'm Freddy and he is Ben. I'm his friend." Fred spoke for Ben.

"Well, nice to meet you." We all sat at the dinner table. Ben was still staring at Tim. I think Fred stomped on his foot because he yelped "Ouch!" then went under the table to, I guess, check his foot.

"It's not nice to stare." Fred whispered. We all started digging in. Except for me. I ate like three spoons of the Thai curry noodles then drank the juice.

"You're not eating?" Dad asked after seeing me put my fork down.

"I had dinner with a friend before this."

"Okay." He continued to eat his food.

Dinner went by well. Tim is a very interesting person. He loves to dance and swim. He can speak multiple languages like me. And he is interested in history. Like me.

After dinner dad and Tim sat in the dining room, watching TV. Fred went to Ben's room. While Ben and I spied on dad and Tim. Well, not exactly spy but stare at them from a hiding spot where they would not see us. Yeah, I guess that's spying.

Tim laid his head on dad's chest. They were talking about something but I couldn't make it out. "Do you really think they are dating?" Ben asked.

"Seems like it. They looked really happy together. I've never seen dad this happy after mom left him."

"This is so wrong."

"Or right. If it makes dad happy then it is right. Even though we don't like it we should be happy for dad."

"I guess. By the way, I gotta go to this party tonight, can you fix my books for me for tomorrow?"

"When are going to stop partying nonstop?"

"I don't know. But I hope I don't stop."

"Fine. When are you coming back?"

"Depends." I quickly washed the dishes while dad and Tim were getting too comfortable on the sofa.

I'm never sitting there anymore.

"Dad, we're going out." Ben spoke while trying to put his jacket on. It's refusing to be put on by the looks of it.

"Okay. You better be back by 1am." Dad spoke still staring at the TV, not facing Ben.

"1? Dad come on." Ben whined with his weirdly put on jacket. I thing he twisted the arms but managed to wear one side inside-out.

"You wanna make it midnight?"

"No, no. 1 is fine." He took Fred's hand and pulled him out with him.

Ha! Love birds.

After finishing witnessing safe sex, not actual sex but questionable cuddling, on the couch I went up to Ben's room, sorted out his books for tomorrow then went to my room.

I checked my phone and there was a massage from Gumball. I mean Chan.

"I'm back."

"You run fast. Only 1 hour passed. How many miles did you run?"

"I think 8-10 miles."

"Whoa, that's a lot. In 1 hour?"

"Yup!"

"Are you serious about your name being Chan?"

"Yeah. Sorry I didn't tell you at the beginning. I wanted to play with you a bit. But after a while I forgot to tell you, hehe."

"It's okay. Right now I'm pretty tired so I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay. Bye."

"Bye."

"Sweet dreams." Weird but okay.

"Uh you too." I put the phone on the night stand and went to sleep. Still can't believe dad has a boyfriend. But I'm happy for him. I'm happy he's happy.

-----------------------------------------------------------

*Beep beep*

I snoozed the alarm clock then went to shower. I wore my uniform then went to Ben's room. He was in bed with someone. When I removed the blanket off of that person I saw it was Fred.

Knew it!

He quickly woke up and got out of bed. He was in his underwear. "Um-" I pursed my lips trying to hide the smile forming on my face.

"Uh hi." He said awkwardly with an embarrassed smile.

"Hi." 

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have slept here." He quickly picked up his clothes nervous.

"No. It's okay. Actually, it's great that you slept here." I placed my hand on his shoulder in attempt to calm him down.

"What?" He slowed down.

"Yeah. Aren't you two dating?" I raised my brows expectedly.

"No we're friends." He shook his head followed by a slight raise in his cheeks.

"Oh. Really?" I furrowed my brows.

"Yes. Plus your brother isn't gay." He faced the sleeping Ben.

"But, are you gay?" He nodded after a second of doubt. "Does he know?"

"No. He doesn't." He let his clothes fall onto the floor.

"Why?"

"I don't know how to tell him." We both faced Ben this time.

"How was the party?"

"It was fun. We danced, he got drunk then I brought him home. Your brother can really drink."

"That's all?"

"Yeah. Well..."

"Well?"

"When I laid him on the bed he..." He avoided eye contact for a second.

"He what?" My brows raised expectedly again.

"We kissed."

"What?!" My eyes widened.

"Ssh. You'll wake him up."

"Sorry. Did you just say you kissed?"

"He was drunk. So it was an accidental kiss." He tried to explain but I know very well that it might not have been an accidental kiss.

"I can't wait to see his face when I tell him." I played with my fingers evilly with an evil smirk.

"No. Please don't tell him. He'll break our friendship."

"But-" Before I could whine he cut me off.

"Please."

"Okay fine. Then I'll leave you to it." I shrugged then left. I closed the door and went downstairs. To my surprise Tim was in the kitchen, making waffles.

"Oh, morning." He said after seeing me come into the kitchen. "I made waffles for you guys."

"Uh hi." I'm actually surprised that he is here. Means he slept over. Means he was with dad. Disgusting.

"Come sit." I sat down and he handed me a plate. IT'S SO FREAKING GOOD! I couldn't stop eating.