42.

He was lying down on the grass. Under the hot sun!

"Chan, why are not under a shade or something? It's very hot today." I asked right after standing right next to him. He ignored me or he didn't hear me. I think he's sleeping. I shook him. He stood up.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't hear you. I was listening to music."

"But you don't have any headsets on you."

"Airpods." He took the small airpods out and put them into his pockets.

"Oh, you also got them?"

"Yeah. They pretty cool. You also have them?"

"Nah."

"What? Why?"

"I don't like them."

"What? Airpods are super dope. And they are so in right now."

"I'm not gonna waste that much money on something I could lose in just 2 weeks."

"Well, there are wires for that."

"Like normal headsets?"

"Well......"

"Yeah, I'm not buying them."

"Ai!!! Let's just go find a shade." We went to the very top on the bleachers where there was shade, and sat there. I've never been this awkward in my entire life before. "Uh- Teddy. I'm sorry if what I said yesterday made you uncomfortable."

"It-"

"I really don't want to loose our friendship."

"Chan, relax. It's not gonna break our friendship."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Stop worrying so much."

"Oh, well okay then." We sat in silence again. It still works very awkward, most especially for me. He handed me a bag of Lays.

"Thanks." I took it and we are together. He kept on looking at my lips. Which made me feel even more uncomfortable. He stopped eating and stared at my lips.

"Ted?"

"Huh?" He leaned in closer to me, still staring are my lips.

"Can I taste your lips?" He put his hand on my left cheek. I couldn't answer him. I was stuck staring at his eyes. He softly landed his lips on mine. He kissed me exactly like Chang. Twin! Slowly, our lips departed. He was still staring at my lips. I was stuck shocked that I even let him kiss me while I'm not completely single. I'm such a jerk! "Exactly how I imagined it. Your lips are so soft." He smiled. I felt my cheeks and chest burn. Like how I feel when Chan kissed me. This is such a mess.

Luckily the bell rang. "Uh- we better go." I ran down the bleachers, almost falling. I left him back there and went to class. I made sure not to run into him for the rest of the day.

Turns out Isabella is actually fun to hang out with. We walked home together. Right after getting a block away from the school Chan pulled up. "Hey guys." Isabella smiled when she saw him. I couldn't, I looked to the other side. "Hey guys." He waved at us. Isabella waved back.

"Hi." Her voice changed. Like she was blushing or something. Which kinda ticked me off. Wrong, I know.

"Can I give you guys a ride?"

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Sure. Thanks."

"Ted?"

"Huh what?"

"Wanna get it?"

"Uh sure." I faked a smile. I got in the back with Isabella.

"Why don't you come sit in the front with me?"

"Uh-" I looked at Isabella, she was looking confused from that question. "I'm good in the back. I'll just sit with Isabella." She looked at me with a curious face.

"Well okay then. Isabella, where's your house? I'll start by dropping you off."

"Not far, just a couple of blocks away."

"Mine is not far so you could drop me off first." I protested.

"Nah, I wanna talk to you about something first. So I'll drop her off first." He looked at me from the review mirror. He looked pissed off.

"Is everything okay? I could just walk if you wanna talk about it now." She suggested.

"No, it's okay. Just tell me when to turn." He drove off. Not after long she got off after a thanks then left. He waited for her to get into the house. "Ted, come to the front." I slowly got off and went to the front seat. He looked really pissed off. He thought about something for a couple of seconds then drove off, in silence. He didn't take me home though. He drove into the woods. After a scary couple of second in the woods he stopped the car. "Wanna tell me now what was that?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I-I uh-"

"Teddy, just be straight with me. Are you embarrassed by me?"

"I uh-, I'm not."

"Well it didn't seem like it back there."

"I just don't want her to think of anything that's not true."

"Oh. And what is that, that is not true?"

"I uh- don't know."

"Ted just say it."

"I've already told you that I'm not single though."

"But what if you were?"

"I....." That question left me speechless. What would happen if Chang wasn't in the picture. Would I be with Chan?

"What would happen Ted? Huh?"

"I don't know, okay? Can you just take me home?" He sighed then nodded. After not long he stopped at my house. When I looked at him, I could see he wanted a kiss. Before he leaned in I got out.

I could feel his disappointment. "Thanks for the ride."

"See you tomorrow." He forced a smile which didn't last long, and waved bye. I waved back and got into the house. I never thought that my high school life would start off like this.

I went up to my room and went straight to bed. I slept for the rest of the day.