Chapter 15

Author's Note: Here's another chapter!

Chapter 15

After we finished our McDonalds, Nate, Sarah, and Nellie all headed back to their room, leaving Niall and I alone, again. I don’t know why but it felt awkward between us. Some of the tension left over from Nellie and I stayed.

          “What do you want to do?” I asked first. Cards seemed boring and T.V. wasn’t entertaining enough.

          He suggested, “Why don’t you tell me why you and Nellie are so fed up with each other?”

          “Oh, I guess. Nellie has been in my school since, like, second grade. But in sixth grade was when I sort of, stole her best friend, Matt. She just seemed to do all she could to really piss me off. Then when we didn’t go to the same high school, I thought that she had changed, so I brought her along to this because she liked One Direction, to see if I could be friends with her again, but apparently not.” I spilled out; I have been holding all of that in for the longest time, not telling anyone why Nellie and me had a feud.

          “Who’s Matt?” He questioned, he seemed to stop listening after I mentioned his name.

          “My best friend…” I said more like a question than an answer.

          “Uh, why isn’t he here?” He asked further.

          “Um, he thinks you guys are, you know, gay.” I said nonchalantly. He probably already knew the answer; most guys think One Direction is gay.

Niall’s POV:

          “Interesting…” I said, ending the conversation. I suddenly felt protective of her. It didn’t really hit me ‘til now, that girls do have guy best friends, the ones the boyfriend should be most wary of. “Well, Nellie might be jealous of you for stealing Matt.” I tried to change the subject back.

          “True.” She looked at me and sighed, “You would love Matt! I didn’t even tell him where I was going… Maybe I should call him.” She said, taking her phone and pressing numbers rapidly. She knows his number by heart! God, Niall stop! You’re being too jealous.

Michaelann’s POV:

          “Hello, who’s is this?” I heard his mother ask.

“Hey Sue! It’s Michaelann, is Matt there?” I asked.

“Sure, just a second.” She said as I heard in the background, “MATT! MICHAELANN’S ON THE PHONE!”

          “Hello?” Matt greeted me.

          “Hey! Matt! What’s up?” I greeted him, knowing what he’ll say.

          “Nothing, where are you?” He cut to the chase. I haven’t seen him in ages since I went to a different school.

          “I am actually with my idols! I finally won a sweepstakes to meet… ONE DIRECTION!” I said the same way I did when I found out. I looked over at Niall smiling as he drank the rest of his soda.

          “Fun.” He said sarcastically, he asked the question I was hoping he wouldn’t, “Are you coming to my school next year?”

          “I don’t know, Matt. It’s senior year, it’ll be a little inconvenient for me, don’t you think?” I tried to reason with him. I seriously didn’t want to start an argument now. I was so happy.

Matt’s POV:

          “I don’t know, Matt. It’s senior year, it’ll be a little inconvenient for me, don’t you think?” She reasoned. God, it is painful to go to school without her, even though we rarely talk in school, it’s great to see her everyday then see her only every week.

          “Yeah, but it’ll be worth it! All your old buddies from middle school are here!” I said, avoiding the fact that most of them are sluts and asses now.

          “Nice try, I have heard about them.” She laughed, “I got to go! Niall looks like he is jelly! Just kidding, bye-bye!”

          “Bye.” I mumbled. Why did I think she would end up going to my school? She is so stubborn, like me. Niall was all she talked about. ‘He’s so cute!’ and ‘He’s Irish, aren’t you Irish?’  And things like that. I am Irish but that doesn’t mean anything. As I hung up the phone, my mom questioned our conversation.

          “Honey, what did she say?” She asked carefully.

          “She says she’s not coming… again.” I snapped. I had asked her dozens of times, all with the same outcomes.

          “Aw, Matt, she’ll say yes eventually.” She tried to make me feel better.

          “Mhm.” I quickly said to get rid of the conversation.

          “Where is she? She hasn’t been over in a while.” My mom couldn’t stop, could she?

          “She is somewhere meeting One Direction.” I said. Thank god my sisters weren’t home, they would have flipped out.

          “That’s great! She has been wanting that for so long.” She stated

          “Yep.” I agreed as I slammed the door to my room.

Niall’s POV:

          Even though I only heard Michaelann’s side of the conversation, it sounded pretty heated, but I was really glad she was so enthusiastic about meeting us. 

          “What was that all about?” I asked trying to get a gist of their conversation.

          “Me and Matt aren’t going to the same school anymore, and he wants me to go to his.” She said, sounding stressed. Great! They’re not that close.

          “Well, are you?”

          “I really don’t know. Should I?”

          “Um, do you have friends at your current school?” I said, even though I thought I knew the answer.

          “Not really. All my friends graduated or are in a different school.”

          “That’s surprising! I thought you’d have a bunch of friends. You have such a nice personality.” I said.

          “Yeah, well, my sister’s class was all my friends, but she’s graduated and took my friends with her.” She said shakily, as if holding back a yell.

Michaelann’s POV:

          I was disappointed that I was failing in my social life. But I at least  I have my cousins and Matt. Don’t really need a lot to get by.

          “All I need is Matt, Sarah, Greer, and my sister.” I said, sort of defending myself.

          “And me, right?” He said sarcastically.

          “Yep, and you and your band.” I teased, kissing him. In my head, I picture fireworks when I kiss him.