Chapter 19

Chapter 19

            “Why are you dressed like a cleaning lady?” I heard Niall question

            “What are you doing with a cleaning cart?” Louis chimed in.

            “You guys have a lot of explaining to do.” Harry summed it all up.

            “What are you guys even doing up here?” Liam finished off.

            “Uh, let’s discuss this in a room.” Michaelann suggested. They shrugged and opened a door, and motioned us to go in. When we were all in, we started to answer their questions.

Michaelann’s POV:

            “So, Greer decided to be lazy and asked us to come get her instead of her coming down.” I started.

            “Then we saw a perfect disguise, a cleaning cart and an extra cleaning outfit.” Sarah added.

            “Then, she changed and I got under it.” I said, “then she told the security guards,”

            “That I was Finnish, ‘cause most cleaning ladies are, you know,” She finished my sentence.

            “Foreign. Then Greer said ‘yeah, yeah, yeah,’ and that led us to,”

            “Singing.” Sarah ended. Greer was out of breath laughing.

            “Wow. You went through all this effort to get to a floor that you could’ve just said that you were with Greer…” Harry said.

            “Yeah… She didn’t tell us that until we were done with our expedition.” Sarah defended us.

            “But I have to say that was a pretty good rendition of ‘Na Na Na’” Louis stated.

            “Thanks. I think we’ve been singing that song forever.” I exaggerated.

            “Not that long,” Sarah elbowed me.

            “Ow.” I pouted.

            “Well, do you guys have any other interviews and stuff today?” Greer finally started talking again.

            “Nope. Where are the rest of your… people?” Liam gestured to the empty spaces next to us. My phone rang.

            “This probably one of them,” I said walking towards the door, to refrain from interrupting them.

            “Hey,” I greeted.

            “Hello.” I heard Matt.

            “Uh, what’s up?” I questioned.

            “I just wanted to see when you were coming back.” He said nonchalantly.

            “Um, the 26th, I think. Let me check.” I covered the phone and asked, “Guys, Matt wants to know when we’re leaving.”

            “NEVER!” Niall shouted.

            “Uh, the 26th.” Sarah and Greer said together.

            “Yeah, the 26th.” I said into the phone.

            “Aw, all right. Okay. Yes, Mom.” He said harshly as I laughed. “So, I’ll see you then, I guess.”

            “Wait, what do you really want?” I said flatly.

            “Well, I don’t know… What the summer homework is…” He started.

            “Matt, I don’t go to your school anymore.” I sighed.

            “Oh, yeah. I guess I’ll go flunk.” He stressed the ‘flunk’.

            “Go look it up on the website!” I said.

            “You. Call me tonight with the homework, ‘kay?” He said then hung up.

            “Ugh.” I groaned as I hung up.

             “Who’s Matt?” Louis asked.

            “My best friend.” I answered.

            “Ah, best friend.” Harry mocked me.

            “It’s not that weird, okay?” I defended our friendship.

            “Yeah, it actually is.” Sarah said, “Matt loves her.”

            “No, he doesn’t.” I sighed, and tried to change the subject, “What do you want to do today?”

            “Let’s find your friends.” Liam brought up again.

            “Okay, okay.” I said,

            New message to Nate and Nellie:

            Where r u? want 2 hang wit 1D? lol of course you do. Txt me where u r plz

            New message from Nate:

            I was sorta waiting for u, where R U? im waiting for 1D rite now.

            New message to Nate:

            In the secured floor, come up, ill have liam meet u at the elevator

            New message from Nellie:

            Im in town roamin. R u at the hotel?

            New message to Nellie:

            Yep. At the secured floor, come up? 

            Nellie and Nate both say, ‘k’.

            “They’re both coming up, could one of you famous people meet them?” I said sarcastically.

            “Sure, come though.” Harry said.

            “Okay…” I shot Greer a worried look as I followed him out.