Chapter 40

Author's Note: LLN, the last chapter, Silly Niall! The big 4-0! AH! I am going to try and make this one a good  chapter because it is, in fact, the fourtieth!!! YAY! FYI: It is going to be a bit intense at the end, if you know what I mean, jelly bean, so BEWARE!

Chapter 40

Niall's POV:

            After the little trick I played on Michaelann, Harry and Greer joined us at the lake and we finished swimming after two hours. We got back to the house to shower and change to meet up for dinner afterwards. I raced Michaelann to the shower but I beat her. I quickly took one and changed into a red polo, which I hadn't worn it in a while, and khaki trousers. I ran out of the bathroom and quickly downstairs. I could hear Michaelan giggling as I flew past her, letting my fingers tickle her stomach. When I got downstairs, no one was there. I saw a slip of paper on the countertop and I walked over. It read:

            "Dear Niall/Michaelann,

We've left some alone time for you both. We have gone out to a restaurant that I won't tell you, so you don't come and ruin everything. So enjoy!

            Greer

P.S. Niall, try and get some! It'll make her want you more. xx Harry S

            I couldn't help but laugh at Harry's eagerness. I heard Michaelann coming down the stairs. I walked over to her and handed her the note, with Harry's comment ripped off. She smiled as she read it. 

            "Niall, dear, what did you happen to rip off?" She said, slowly trying to steal the other half.

            "None of your business." I said, shoving it into my back pocket, but I wasn't quick enough. Michaelann snatched it out of my hands and read it as she ran.

            "Oh, Harry. He hasn't changed." She sighed as she threw the papers into the the garbage. She stopped running in the kitchen. "Do you really want to cook dinner?" She asked, sounding as if she didn't.

            "No, not really. But I'll cook if you want me to." I offered, cornering her towards the fridge. 

            "Let's see if you have any ice cream." She said, whipping open the freezer and pulling out a gallopn of Edy's chocolate ice cream. She held it up as she announced, "Here's dinner." I pulled out random drawers until I found the spoons and pulled two out. Michaelann walked over to the T.V. and turned it on. I walked over and sat myself down. She had to sit close to me to be able to eat easily. She found a movie. I instantly remembered. The Notebook, I clearly remembered, from the first time we met.

            "Oh My God! Do you remember this?" She said as she scooped another bite.

            "Of course I do. I watch it all the time now." I said, hoping she wouldn't question further. I actually missed her, so I watched this movie. I think I could quote the entire thing.

            "Really? So do I!" She said. Again we watched the movie from beginning to end. This time, I did cry along with MIchaelann.

            "This is what everyone wants this with their love story." Michaelann sighed. I got an idea.

Michaelann's POV:

            Niall abruptly took my hand and led me to the backdoor.

            "I have an idea." Niall said with a huge grin on his face. I smiled as he dragged me to the lake and picked me up over his shoulder.

            "Niall! Put me down!" I said, but he just laughed as he ran into the water. He threw me in and I grabbed hold of his shirt so he came down with me. We stayed in the water for what seemed like fifteen minutes, but what turned into hours. We finally both walked back up to the house and no one was home yet.  We went to our room, exhausted from our little adventure. I walked into the bathroom to take another shower, Niall unexpectedly followed me.

            "What. you going to take a shower with me?" I said sarcastically.

            "Yep, to conserve water and bullshit like that." He reasoned.

            "Mhm, really?" I said, slipping off my soaked shoes.

            "Yeah, what do you say?" He said, slipping off his shoes as well.

            "Um, we'll see." I said, "My shirt being a bitch and isn't getting off for me." I turned to face him. His hands took the end of my shirt, slowly pulled it over my head and throwing it aside. I was trying to avoid this, but how could I resist? I started to pull off his shirt as he started to unhook my bra...

            That ended up being the best night I had experienced.