Chapter 26

Chapter 26

            “Michaelann! Come on, get up! We’ve got to go!” He urged. I looked behind me as he helped me up; I saw the mass of fans coming closer. We ran, and ran. It started raining again, getting the roads and sidewalks slipperier. I looked down at my knees that were red with blood.

            “Geez!” As he held the door open for me and we ran inside and jumped on the open elevator before the person who wanted it got on.

            “Sorry!” we said as the doors closed, and we heard the person scoff.

            “That was just a little bit epic.” I panted, out of breath from running.

            “Oh no! Your knee.” He worriedly kneeled and rolled up my pant leg.

            “Zayn. It’s fine.” I said, trying to brush his hand off. The door opened to Niall’s confused face.

            “What’s going on?” He asked, confused.

            “He was looking at my scratch.” I pointed to my knee.

            “That is not a just a scratch…” Zayn informed us as he stood up.

            “Yeah, yeah, yeah.” Niall basically shooed Zayn away.

            “All right… I’ll just go back up to my floor now…” He said kindly, scooting me out of the elevator so he could leave.

            “All right, bye, Zayn, thank you.” I waved.

            “No problem. Anytime.” He waved back as the door closed.

            “What was that all about?” Niall questioned.

            “Well, he found me in the computer room and asked me to go for a walk. Where were you going?” I explained myself.

            “I was going to find you.” He said.

            “Uh-huh. Nellie said you were going to her room.” I sighed.

            “What? No. I stayed in our room for the entire time ‘til now.” He said as he started walking back to the room, I followed him.

            “Ugh. I knew I shouldn’t have believed her,” I thought as I unlocked our room.

            “Well. Yep. I am sorry, an—” He started, but I cut him off.

            “No. I agreed with you after I thought about it, we did rush. I was just defending you back then and I couldn’t hold myself back when you asked if I was being serious.” I said, watching his face drop.

            “Oh.” He sighed.

Niall’s POV:

             Jesus! I wish she would take my apology. I hate making people feel bad. All I did was mope around and had one of the boys bring me a tub of ice cream waiting for her to come back. But NO! Zayn had to take a walk with her. Zayn is so good at making everyone feel better. EVERYONE. At least she was in a better mood. When we got in the room we both went our separate ways to put on our lounge clothes. She came out of the bathroom in a striped tank top and bright red sweatpants.

            “Do you, uh, wear those,” I pointed to her pants, “out in public?” I stifled a laugh.

            “Um, yeah, why?” She asked, sorta hurt. She stroked her leg. “I love these pants!”

She just defended her own pants, wow.

            “Well, Imma be going to bed now.” She said getting into her bed.

            I patted my bed as I got into it and said, “This is still open.”