5

Like I said in the last chapter, when it's in italics, it's a video unless it's a twitter post but those will be obvious. The first half of this chapter is irl and the rest is the video

@halesLottie: omg guys we are so fxing close to 1 million subscribers. It's still morning here in LA so I think we can get our 1 million subscribers super special video out today if everyone tells everyone to subscribe 😭😭
2k retweets; 80k likes

"I'm freaking out. Stop filming me. Am I supposed to feel like this." I said, to know one in particular while watching the counter slowly go up. It was at 997,000 now and it was going up by the second.

"Everyone has to have their reaction to reaching a milestone recorded to be shown at a later time." Ethan said from behind the camera.

"But I'm like, ugly crying right now." I said, wiping my face. My video was open in another tap, ready for me to hit upload as soon as I hit the one million mark.

1,900 to go.

"Do you need us to hold you hand?" James asked, sitting down in the computer bench beside me. I nodded and he grabbed my left hand. Grayson sat on the other side and grabbed the other hand. Emma was behind me, rubbing calming circles on my back.

1,400 to go.

"I think I'm going to be sick." I said, looking away from computer screen. I wasn't nervous about hitting a million subscribers, I was nervous about everyone finding out that was friends with the twins and Emma and related to James. My whole ass life if going to change after this. Grayson reached down beside my desk and grabbed m garbage can, holding it in his lap.

"Just in case." He joked, trying to lighten the mood.

900 to go.

"I've got to go get something, I'll be right back." James said, getting up and running out of the room.

"Okay. I think I'm really going to be sick Gray." I said taking the garbage can from him.

"Haley, relax. There's no need to get this worked up. You've worked so hard for this and you've earned it." Grayson said taking the garbage can from me and grabbing my shoulders reassuringly. I nodded.

"I guess you're right."

"I'm always right." He said smirking. I rolled my eyes and turned back towards the computer, my stomach sinking again.

450 to go.

"Okay, I think you should go ahead and start your video uploading." Emma said, reaching for the mouse to change the tab. My heart dropped more, if that was even possible. There was no turning back after this.

"Wait." James yelled. We all turned around and he was running into the room with a cake. I took my hand back from Grayson so I could cover up my face with it, because if I wasn't ugly crying before, I definitely was now.

200 to go.

"As soon as you upload you're one million video, we can cut the cake." James said as I heard him sit it down on the table.  I nodded, still not moving to actually attempt to upload the video.

"I'm going to move your hand, to where it needs to be for you to click to upload your video." Emma said grabbing my right hand from off my face, putting it on top of the mouse. "You just click the button whenever you're ready."

"But maybe hurry, just a little." Ethan said, I'm assuming still recording. "I want cake."

"E fuck off. Give her a second." Grayson said, still sitting extremely close to me.