39

I saw something this morning, well I heard it. And I will never be able to look James in the eyes again. I am mentally scared for life.

"Good morning Haley." James said, walking into the kitchen this morning. I grabbed my mug and walked to the other side of the counter subtly.

"Good morning." Just act natural Haley, it's a normal human thing, it's not like it was your parents or anything. Okay, not that image is in my head, I can't. While he was turned around, I backed out of the kitchen slowly. And I almost made it successfully into the living room before I tripped and fell.

"Son a bitch." I yelled, my lap not covered in burning hot coffee. "The one time I don't make iced coffee and I spill it all over myself."

I stood up and shook my legs one at a time, trying to get the coffee to fall out of my pants, it didn't work.

"Are you okay? What just happened?" James said, running out of the kitchen.

"I'm fine, I just tripped."

"What were you doing that made you trip?" He asked.

"Umm, nothing. Just walking to the living room." I said, trying to get around him. "If you don't mind, I'm going to go change before I get third degree burns on my thighs." I pushed past him and ran up the stairs.

I quickly shed my clothes and jumped in the shower, making the water as cold as I could get it without becoming hypothermic, letting it hit my thighs until they were numb.

I walked back into my room and put on a pair of shorts and an oversized hoodie before grabbing my phone and keys and leaving my room.

I started my car and waited for my phone to connect to the Bluetooth before calling my mom.

"Hello?" She answered.
"Theoretically speaking, if someone tripped and spilt fresh coffee all over there legs, what would be the best thing to put on it?"
"What?" She screamed. "What on earth did you do?"
"I didn't do anything. It was a hypothetical question."
"Well hypothetically, you should run cold water over the burns for as long as you can."
"And then hypothetically when that's already happened, what should one do next?"
"Well, if it starts to blister up, hypothetically you should go to the emergency room to get the burns treated."
"That's what I figured, hypothetically of course." I stopped at the stoplight and pulled my hoodie up to exam my legs. They we're starting to blister, I bit my lip and sighed.
"Haley?"
"Yeah?" My voice squeaked.
"Are you on the way to the hospital?"
"Mhm hmm. It would seem that way, yes." I said, finding an intersection that I could make a u-turn at.
"Honestly Haley. What were you doing that made you spill coffee on yourself?"
"I was just walking from the kitchen to the living room and I tripped."
"You've always had two left feet." She sighed. "Okay, well I'll get off of here so I can send you the insurance information. Let me know when you get to the hospital, love you."
"Okay, love you." And I hung up the phone.

Kitty girls ♥️

Me:
Not to alarm any one but I'm currently
sitting in the waiting room at the ER.
I'm fine, I just have to get burns dressed.
DO NOT tell Grayson please 👏🏻

Ally 👯‍♀️
Excuse me? You're what!?

Morggy 🧝🏻‍♀️
What did you do??

Me:
I tripped over a rug and spilt fresh
coffee on my lap. I'm fine 🙂

Em💘
Why aren't we telling Grayson?