49

HalesLottie: we just landed in Virginia and my little cupcake is nervous

HalesLottie: we just landed in Virginia and my little cupcake is nervous. 💕

Mamawilliams, Graysondolan, And 893,789 others like this

View comments

User2: why is he nervous?

Graysondolan: I'm not nervous, I just woke up 😬
>>ethandolan: you keep telling yourself that bro

User1: isn't it a little early for him to be meeting her family? I mean they haven't even been together for 6 months.
>>user3: when you know, you know. Plus they were friends for three years before they got together. I think it's cute 💕

"Haley, honestly why must you insist on taking such late flights." My dad asked, as we got in the car. "Some of us don't like being up before the sun."

"Relax, it's almost 6am anyway." I said, sliding all the way to the right side of the car so Grayson could get in as well.

"Dear, even if they would have came last night, we still would have had to have been up this early to drive to your mom's house." My mom said, rubbing my dad's shoulder.

"Mr and Mrs Williams, it's nice to see you again." Grayson said getting in and closing the door. He buckled his seat belt and grabbed my hand that was resting in the middle seat, I turned to smile at him before turning back to look out the front window.

"How are you, young man?" My dad asked, looking at Grayson through the rear view mirror.

"I'm doing good sir, and yourself?" Grayson said, his voice a little shakey. I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing.

"I'm actually doing pretty well." Dad said, merging onto the main road from the airport parking lot. "I assume you've been treating my daughter like the princess she is."

"Dad." I groaned, hitting my head against the back of my mom's seat. "It's too early in the morning for this."

"What, I'm just making sure that when we go out on the boat later today, I'm not going to have any business to take care of." He said laughing to himself. Grayson tensed and gripped onto my hand harder.

"Lee, that's enough. Grayson's already nervous as it is. Just lay off a little." My mom said sternly. "Honey both of y'all look tired, you know it's a three hour drive, why don't y'all try to get some sleep?"

I nodded and laid my head against the window doing exactly just that.

—————
"Is it too late to back out?" Grayson whisper asked, shaking my shoulder and waking me up.