40

"Dude, just let me see it." Emma said bugging me, for the fiftieth time since she got here, to see my legs.

"Dude, no." I groaned, readjusting the pillow behind me because it had fell.

"Please?" She pleased with puppy eyes. I looked at her in disgust.

"What is your problem?" I asked, picking on my phone so I could ignore her.

"How much time do you have?" She joked.

"All the time in the world, now." I sighed, scrolling through Twitter, liking and responding to people.

Eventually my alarm to change my dressings went off and I sighed. I took the ice packs off and swung my legs off of my bed, carefully standing up. I winced after putting pressure on them and grabbed the ice packs, needing to put the back in the freezer anyway.

"Now can I see it?" Emma asked, following me out of  my room and into the kitchen where I was keeping all of my medical stuff.

"Emma-" I warned, already being tired of her and she'd only been here an hour.

"I'm surprised Grayson isn't here." She said, leaning against the counter, watching me put my ice packs in the freezer. "I figured protective boyfriend™️ would be here to take care of you."

"No tea, no shade. But I'm glad he's not here for the time being." I said, using one of the chairs to put my foot on so I could unwrap my leg.

"Is he suffocating you?" She asked, grabbing an apple out of the fruit bowl and taking a bite of it.

"I wouldn't say suffocating, he just won't let me do anything for myself." I said, rinsing the blisters out with the solution that the doctor gave me, wincing because it stung.

"Just tell him how you feel." Emma said, mouth full of apple.

"I just don't want to hurt his feelings by telling him not to take care of me, because it's great to and extent but then it gets tedious." I said, wrapping my thigh lightly and switching to the other leg. "But he's coming as soon as they're done filming so I'm going to do as much for myself as I can until he gets here."

"Aww man, that's fucking disgusting." Emma said, gagging while looking at my leg.

"This is why I told you not to look." I said rolling my eyes.

"Did she look at your leg?" Ally asked, walking in out of nowhere.

"Where did you come from?" I asked confused, once again spraying my leg down with cleaning solution.

"My mama." She said.

"So glad film school worked out for you." I said rolling my eyes, finishing up wrapping my leg and putting it back on the ground.

"How are you not grossed out by her leg?"Emma asked.

"Eh. Not really that gross." She said shrugging her shoulders.

"Are we going to discuss this date you decided to not tell me about?" I asked.

"YOU WENT ON A DATE?! No one tells me anything." Emma said.

"There's not much to talk about, it was just dinner." Ally said casually.

"Is there going to be a second date? Wait who's the guy?" Emma asked.

"Andrew," I said, raising my eyebrows.

"Shane's dorky camera guy?" Emma asked.

"He's not that bad when you get to know him." Ally said smiling.