15

HalesLottie: it's nearly midnight and I'm not asleep

HalesLottie: it's nearly midnight and I'm not asleep. Who's idea was a 2am flight? This ain't it sis, this ain't it 🙄

Graysondolan, Jamescharles, And 785,895 others like this.

"Hey I'm outside." I said into the Bluetooth.

"Alright. We'll be out in a second." Grayson said, yelling something incoherent to Ethan. I rolled my eyes at them and hung up the phone, letting the radio play quietly in the background. I took another sip of my ice coffee as I reached down to pop the trunk so the boys could put their stuff in. My phone buzzed, indicating that I had a text message so I reached down in the cup holder to pick it up.

Mommy💕
Hey baby girl.
Be careful if you're driving.
I love you. Have a great flight.
I'll see you tomorrow evening!

Me:
Love you too. I'll see you tomorrow 🥰

I put my phone back down and the passenger door opened, revealing Ethan.

"Are you going to make a move on Grayson or not?" He whispered, looking back to make sure Grayson was still occupied.

"Seriously Ethan? You want to have the conversation now?"

"Seriously Haley? You want to go into the new year single?" He said, mocking me. I looked at him to say something but couldn't come up with anything.

"Just get in the backseat dumbass." I said, motioning for him to move out of the way so Grayson could sit up front. He winked and backed up, walking around to get in the backseat of my car.

"Haley!" Grayson yelled, taking his place and closing the door.

"Grayson!" I yelled, copying his energy.

"I missed you!"

"We saw each other two days ago!" I paused. "Why are we yelling?"

"I don't know." He said, reaching for the aux cord.

"Do you guys have everything? I'm not turning around once we get on the road." I sad looking between Ethan and Grayson. The last time we carpooled to the airport, we were fifteen minutes away and had to turn around because they left their camera.

"Yes we have everything." Ethan said, already trying to sleep against the window. "Mom."

I nodded and backed out of their driveway.

———
Flight 675a to New Jersey is now boarding at gate C

The boys and I stood up from our chairs and walked towards gate c, showing the stewardess our tickets and walking through the terminal. We all ended up sitting in the same row.