29

@haleslottie: how does one cope with strep throat? Asking for a friend 🥺
3k retweets; 23k likes

"I'm hungry, do you want to go get something?" James asked, poking his head into my room.

"I'm editing rn." I wrote on the little white board I had since it literally felt like knives in my throat every time I tried to talk.

"Take a break and come eat." He said, looking at his watch. "When was the last time you ate something?" I looked at the clock and sighed.

"Like 10 hours ago." I wrote and shrugged.

"Jesus Haley. Come on, Aunt Michelle would kill me if she found out that I let you starve." He said grabbing my shoes for me and sitting them in front of me.

"You right." I wrote and laughed a little. I slid on my shoes and grabbed a jacket before walking out of the room.

James was already in his car by the time I got outside, texting someone. I went to open the door and my phone buzzed in my pocket. I took it out as I sat down and saw that James was texting the group chat.

Shistar squad 😝

Jay 💄
I finally got her out of the house.
Where do we want to eat?

I rolled my eyes at him because I could leave the house if I wanted to, I just didn't want to.

Me:
I 100% could have left whenever
I wanted to.
I just didn't want to.
I've literally been sick for a week.

Em 💘
Excuses!
I don't care if you have a
voice or not, we're hanging
out tonight because I'm tired
of being the only estrogen.

I rolled my eyes again, I mean they could've come to the house, but no. So I don't really see what the problem here is.

Me:
Sounds like a you problem

E 🐢
Are we sure we want to
hang out with her? She's still
cranky and a little scary

Gray 💙
Watch it.

Em💘
*Enter protective bf™️

Me:
🙄
Is everyone good with pasta?
James is kinda driving to nowhere rn

E🐢
Pastas good with me

Gray 💙
Me too

Em💘
Yeah same

"Everyone agreed on pasta." I said locking my phone, my voice barely above a whispers. James nodded and turned the radio up, which was like actual torture because I could sing or anything and it's sucked.

———
"Life is so much better with pasta." I said, laying back against the booth. We were in one of those round booth things and I was in between James and Gray.

"Okay, you really have to stop talking." James said from beside me. "Aren't you supposed to upload a cover never week?"

I turned my head to look at him. "It'll be fine."

"He's right babe." Grayson said wiping his face with his napkin. "You do have to post a cover next week. Plus your mom scared us and I don't want to piss her off."