9

Victoria

My skin is warm. I wake up to the sunlight beaming on my back and the wooden floor beneath me. I adjust my sight and slowly sit myself up, my palms faced on the wooden floor supporting me. Drained, I search for the digital clock upon my nightstand: 2 in the afternoon.

I wipe my eyes hard and eventually come to a stand. I need to do something - anything to take my mind off of what I saw between who was once my fiancée and another woman.
As if on cue to distract me, the doorbell downstairs sounds. Combing a hand through my brown hair, I pace downstairs to answer the door. I glance down on my way - luckily before I passed out asleep I didn't change into my pajamas, considering it was midday, and still wear a pair of skinny jeans and a flannel shirt. I would expect to be so careless, due to Jack being gone and the drainage it resulted in me when I woke, but I check myself anyway. I won't become one of the women who feel broken after a beak up.

My hand grips the door handle and pull it open without a thought of who it could be - never minding the gangster who now stands on the doorstep. I tense when his brown eyes meet mine. "Pleasure seeing you again, sweetheart." A grin plays about on his full lips.

-

We stand in the kitchen, a glass of wine in my hands. The gangster stands across from me on the other side of the kitchen island. He stands with his hands folded over the granite countertop, his lips tug upward. "Do you know why I'm here?" He asks me. I shake my head.

"Chris." He adds with a grin. "My boy you saved, his name is Chris. Now I don't usually do this much but..." he licks his full lips, "thank you." He leans over the counter, drawing near me. He stares deeply into my eyes a moment.
"You still participating?"

My brows raise at his question. "In working for you?! You're a..." I pause, searching his eyes. A gang banger, a person who threatened me, a person who broke into my house to bring in dying Chris... say it, Victoria! Just tell him.

Somehow, in some way, Jack comes to my mind. I remember the adrenaline I contained when I went after the woman in my silky bed sheets, the anger that surged within my body when I looked into the betraying eyes of Jack.
And I'm lulled back into reality; the gangster asking me if I'm in or not.

I blink, bringing up the glass of wine to my mouth. His gaze still searches my own for a response. I take a sip, my gaze never leaving his, and swallow. "Yes." I breathe. I watch him stand straight up, before sending a nod. Then, he turns to walk away.

I stand there a moment, and watch his back. I sigh and close my eyes a moment. "Wait." I stop him, and open my eyes to see him standing still across the room. I swallow, hard. He stands there with his back still facing me, I don't see his face. And my stained red lips part. "What's your name?" I ask him boldly.

Watching the gangster turn around, his brown irises latch onto my observant pair. He looks down to the floor a moment, and I see him lick his lips again. "Rio." He states, finally. His dark brown eyes flick up to mine - and his full lips twitch.

---

Hope you all enjoyed. I myself want more Rio ;)

Thanks for reading!
Vote. Comment. Share.

xx