10

Victoria

Rio. His name is Rio. I remember his brown eyes that were deep and unreadable. The tattoo on his neck, across his Adams Apple. His voice was domineering, and authoritative. Something about him, in his eyes, maybe, lulled me in to saying yes. Will I regret it? Did I say the right thing?

A hand rests on my shoulder and I'm pulled out of my inner thoughts. "I'm so sorry, sis. That guy was a tool, anyway..." Ann starts next to me. We sit on my couch in the living room, I can hear Abby running around behind us in the house. I glance over to my sister seated next to me, her sympathetic gaze searching mine. My lips part. Why'd I call her, again?

"Who was?" I ask, confused. Her arched brows raise, amusement glints in her hazel eyes. "Are you in denial?" She questions. I shake my head quickly, no, I just seriously can't remember who she's talking about... "Jack, Vic." She answers directly. "Jack had no right to cheat. I can't imagine if that were me..." she trails off. "Actually, I can. If I were in your shoes, I would rip him apart, seriously! Ugh. You know, I'd probably kill 'em." My brown eyes widen at her claim, "Ann!" I playfully slap her arm, earning a laugh in turn. "I'm kidding! But really, I would've taught him a lesson." I watch her shake her head.

I throw my head back on the back of the couch, a sigh escaping my lips. "Believe me, I wanted to." A humorless laugh escapes, "I wanted to hurt him so bad, Ann. But I didn't, I stopped myself." I feel her gaze land on me a moment.

"If you don't mind me asking... why?" She says quietly. I bite my lip and slightly shrug. "Part of me figured it was the right thing to do...to not hurt him." I stare blankly up to the volted ceiling. "The bigger part of me knew that if I did...I probably wouldn't of been able to stop. What he did really hurt me..." I merely whisper.

"Sis, you have me. I'm here." She snuggles in beside me, resting her head on my shoulder. "And trust me, somehow sooner or later, Jack will get what's coming to him. He deserves the worst." She scowls.

-

A smile spreads across my face when my 11 year old niece wraps her small arms around me. "Love ya, auntie Vic!" Abby exclaims, her smaller frame tugging me down. "I love you more, Abs." I grin after she runs up to her mother's side. I meet Ann's gaze as she stands on the doorstep.

"I'll call you as soon as I get home." She says, sympathy still loitering behind her irises. I send a small smile. "Drive safe." I lean in to embrace her before she prances down the porch steps and into her car. I shut the front door and stand in a deafening silent home.

Walking up to my sofa, I lazily plop down on to it, resting my body and drowning myself in thought. I didn't tell her about Rio, or his last visit just hours before she arrived. I informed her about Jack because she's my sister, and I didn't inform her of Rio's visit because...

I don't know.

I seem to not gather any knowledge when he comes to mind...it kills me! Why did I even say yes? I shouldn't have. But he- his gaze waited and waited for an answer and I gave him one. An answer that I feel in my gut I will regret.

Push it aside, Victoria. I have better things to think or worry about. For instance - work! Work...which I head back tomorrow to catch up on. I breathe, and sink down into the couch. I need sleep, or some good dream to distract me from the gangster's awaiting dark brown eyes that seem to keep taunting my mind.

---

Thank you for reading! Click that star below and make it golden, loves!

Lots of love,

xx