32

Victoria

The tall blonde slouches a bit as he stands, and when I stand, he picks his gaze from off the wooden floor and looks at me, sending me a nod. I nod, and take the opportunity to catch up with Rio. I go to my front door, twisting the knob to pull it open. Outside, the first thing my eyes land on is a mere taller figure sitting on my porch steps. I take in a quiet breath, before walking up behind him.

I take a seat next to the gangster. I glance beside me to watch him looking out into my yard, an unreadable expression on his face. I follow his gaze, and examine the yard - the green grass cut, flowers aligning around the porch we're on are dark underneath the moonlight. I peel my gaze onto the driveway, seeing my car parked there, examining the dent on the side of it. My lips twitch, and I avert my gaze onto the cemented steps below us. My gaze finds Rio next to me. Without the uttermost sliver of hesitation, I take my hand to rest it on his shoulder for any form of comfort. For a second, I feel him tense under my touch.
Then he breathes, smoothly, and I feel his shoulders relax. I watch the gangster's full lips part. "He was just young." He starts, lowly. Rio shrugs under my hand. "I didn't know..." He sounds a quiet, humorless laugh a brief moment. "I didn't know he was caught up with..." He takes either of his hands before continuing to roughly run them across his face. I watch his fingers fold on his head when he faces downward, seemingly stressed.

I remove my hand. "You didn't know. Just like you said-" I try to assure, but the gangster's husky voice interrupts. "I was here." He says, angrily, his dark brown eyes find mine. I don't take my eyes off his. I quietly exhale the breath I held. "It's not your fault." I say, barely audible under my breath. Rio's jaw is still hardened while his eyes gaze into either of my own. "Don't put this on yourself..." I whisper, raising my hand and slowly, gently, placing it on the gangster's warm cheek. "Don't. Please." Something passes in his dark irises, something I can't quite latch on to after my words.

I can feel the hardness of his jawline underneath my touch, just before the gangster takes his hand on mine, and slowly removes my hand from him. His chocolate irises flick up to mine after glancing down to my hand dropping back to my side. His eyes are burning, blazing. "If I don't put this on myself who do I put this on? You?" He says to me huskily, and shakes his head. "No. Let me deal with it, Victoria." The gangster never releases my gaze. Did I ever tell him my name...my first name...?
My brows furrow, as I watch him.
"I think that's the first time you ever said my first name." I say softly. "I'm not Ms. Stone, anymore?" I question the gangster, perching a brow as my lips twitch. I guess I expected a grin, a smile. But Rio watches me, his dark eyes flicking down to my lips before meeting back with my own orbs. He then turns to gaze out at my yard again. My lips part, watching him, something crushing inside me.

I curl my lip, before coming to a stand. I step down to land in front of the gangster, squatting down to meet his serious face. He searches my eyes the moment he finds them, blinking his dark lashes in front of me. I lift my hand, to lightly brush my fingers across his warm skin. I caress his cheek, and Rio doesn't tear his eyes off my own. I watch him lick his full lips. "What is it that you're doin'?" He asks, his voice low and smooth. I flick my gaze onto his lips. My own curve into a grin. "You want to know what I'm doing?" I ask, and before the gangster can answer, I tease, lightly brushing my lips against his - somewhat mocking earlier.

The gangster breathes, our lips slightly touching as we're close. "I'm working for a gangster...ever since I crashed into his car. Lucky me, he never pulled that trigger. But..." I rest my forehead on his own, "He certainly pulled on my heartstrings." I crack a smile when we breathe the same air. Rio then pulls back gently, meeting my eyes. The gangster's dark brown irises gaze between either of my own, blazing with a heavy passionate fire.
His full lips part. I figure he's going to speak...but he doesn't. I instantly feel the gangster's full lips on my own. I kiss him back.

He mumbles something through captured lips, so I part mine from his, listening. Rio breathes against me, his dark eyes flutter up to land on mine. It almost seems like the gangster's in thought, before he breaks the silence. "I...I gotta bury 'em." He breathes, but he doesn't meet my eyes. I intake a breath, and nod slowly. I then furrow my brows. "You shouldn't...I can. I'll-"

"Nah." The gangster interjects, his full lips twitch, before something unrecognizable passes his features when he watches me again. "I got it." He comes to a firm stand in a swift movement. I stand up straight, and tuck a strand of my hair behind an ear, before following the gangster back to my front door. He enters ahead of me, and walks up to Mikey's breathless body on my coffee table. The blonde man is slumped over where he's sitting on my couch, his face buried in his hands.
He immediately gets up once he sees what Rio's doing - when the two of them lift up Mikey's body. I frown, my heart hammers, breaks, as I watch the scene. Rio gestures for the younger boy's body, and the tall blonde carefully hands him Mikey. I pace toward my front door and open it to make way for them.

The other man exits my house, walking down the porch before he jogs across the street to his car - opening the back doors. And the gangster, carrying Mikey, meets my gaze when he walks by. I'm glued to the wooden floor and trapped in his blazing gaze. His jaw is clenched, but surely, I catch his structures soften a split second, when he gives me a once over.

"Until next time." He says, stepping out onto my front porch and carrying the body down the set of cemented stairs the two of us were sitting on just moments ago. I watch him with Mikey in his hold - the boy's long legs dangling from where his legs aren't held. I can only view Rio's back, watching him make his way across the desolate street under the moonlight, and towards the car that his boy is starting up.

I stand still, and turn to enter my house. I glance outside again, through the cracked door; watching Rio lay his unmoving boy into the back seat before shutting the car door.
I let out the smooth breath I was holding, before shutting my front door.

---

Thanks for reading, loves!
Be sure to vote if you enjoyed! ;)

Lots of love,

xx