45

Victoria

So what's it gonna be? You comin' or what? I process Rio's low tone, when his dark brown eyes search my own. I blink at him in the barstool he's seated beside. "What? I'm not going anywhere with you..." I answer firmly.

The gangster raises both of his brows in turn, a grin beginning to play about on his full lips. "Oh really?" He challenges, licking his full lips briefly. "We'll see about that, darlin'. I think we both know you wanna come with me." He adds, sounding certain. A humorless laugh escapes my tequila lips when I turn to face him again. I fail at keeping my lips from curving. I shake my head, keeping my steady gaze locked on the gangster's. "No. I don't." I state.

"Tell me something." He begins, and I watch him shift in his seat comfortably. He gives me a once over. "Why'd you leave?" Rio asks huskily, leaning over the bar with folded hands. "Nah, let me rephrase that. How come you left without saying anything?" He fixes lowly, never peeling his dark brown irises from my own. My lips part, and I furrow my brows. "I..." I...don't know how to answer that. I left without saying anything because not only did he not stop me from going, but I knew he could if he tried. Possibly, if the right words were spoken. I shrug in the barstool. "I left because I could, Rio. And I what we had...I wasn't sure if that's what I wanted-" I curl my lip, pausing. I face the bartender for another drink, watching her pull out the bottle of tequila.

I glance to Rio again, watching his jaw harden for a second when he nods, understandably. His brown eyes are trailed on the sticky floor below us, before he flicks his gaze back up to meet my own. He purses his full lips before the silence between us breaks. "Now that I'm right here, next to you, that change your mind?" The gangster frowns, vesturing a careless emotion when he shrugs. "Is this what you want?" He gestures, aggressively, toward his own self. I hear the drink pour into my glass but I can't take my eyes off the gangster beside me.

His full lips curve upward, and he shakes his head before I can answer. "Don't bother answerin', sweetheart." I watch him send me a once over, when he comes to stand from his seat. "I think you just did." He says firmly, huskily. I hold my breath, when my heart begins to increase in rhythm - as I watch him turn around to leave. I furrow my brows, turning to glance down at my full glass, before lifting it up to swallow down the alcohol quickly. I slowly breathe out a low breath, before I turn to see Rio's back drawing away further and further across the room. "Wait." I say.

The gangster keeps walking, and I raise my brows and glance around the crowded area of people not paying any attention. I part my lips. "Wait!" I call out again, raising my voice. Rio stops in his tracks, firmly, before he throws me a glance over his shoulder. Suddenly I don't pay the attention to whoever's now looking, I keep my gaze on him. I can see that his jaw is still clenched, when I hop off the barstool and stand on my own two feet. I swallow lightly. "I can't...I don't know how to say..." I slightly slur, averting my attention onto the sticky ground and running my hands through my hair, tiresomely. I frown. "I'm still in my bikini..." I whisper to myself. And am I dizzy?

I hear movement beside me, and I look to see Rio claiming his seat once again at the barstool. His tongue sweeps across his full lips for moisture as he fixates his dark brown irises on me. My tequila lips twitch, and I take the seat once more next to him. The gangster folds his hands across the bar surface, sucking in a sharp breath. "If you wanna confess or discuss feelings leave me out of it, darlin'." He states huskily, watching me. "I came because I saw you must be tipsy." He adds lowly. I find my lips tugging upward, before I lazily roll my eyes. I fix my eyes on him. "You're just..." I search either of his dark brown eyes, in thought. "Toxic." I add randomly, narrowing my eyes toward him. Rio licks his lips before they curve into a grin afterward.

I watch him avert his gaze onto the bottles of alcohol that showcase on the shelves ahead of us. Really, I can't take my eyes off him. I think I want to leave. I should. But I narrow my brows, pointing an accusing finger at him. "You know what? You're so toxic, I shouldn't even be around you!" I start in a whisper. The gangster fixes his eyes, that glint with amusement, on me. "I shouldn't be here. You shouldn't be here. I came here to...to..." I search his dark brown irises, still holding up a finger. "...to get away from you! But you're like...in here." I raise my finger to plant it on my forehead. Rio raises his brows, seeming to be entertained by this. I'm not drunk, I'm just upset...

I lick my tequila lips. "You are crazy." I add lowly, throwing darts at him through my eyes, and I come to another stand. I softly left out a heavy breath and pull out the change to pay for my drinks. I place it onto the sleek surface of the bar, and spin on my heels to head out. I make my way past several people that smell of sweat and alcohol - expectantly. I peek over my shoulder, to see Rio go to stand on his own two feet in a smooth movement, before glancing down to see my money on the table. The gangster snatches it, slickly. I drop my jaw, and roll my eyes. I face ahead and exit the bar; hearing footsteps soon follow into step near me.

Rio follows me, and I let out a humorless laugh to myself. "Really? Not only do you steal my money for the drinks but you follow me too?" I arch a brow, feeling the warm breeze hit my skin when I make it outside.

"Yeah, well, you ain't gonna remember I took it in the morning, so..." The gangster drags out, eventually approaching my side. We both walk the sidewalks that plaster underneath the burnishing light poles surrounding us - underneath the dark night sky - as irritation, and a hint of felicity sparks in my veins.

---

I intended on updating a second chapter alongside this one, but have been drenched in way more school work than I thought. Sorry this chapter was updated so late! (At least it was late for me!)

And please, no pressure for the next chapter, I will have it up soon!

Hope you enjoyed, loves!

Don't forget to vote!

Much love,

xx

Crashed Into a GangsterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara