29

Victoria

Is he out of his mind?

I stand still, with Ann holding the cupcakes standing next to me, I blink at Rio. The gangster watches me from the puny distance he's standing firmly, his dark brown eyes are clouded with mischief as I try to give him a look; a look of curiosity to why he's here, but he doesn't catch on - or at least decides not to. Why would he just show up like this?
I didn't expect to see him today...nor did I think he would come to my job, again...
The gangster side glances toward my sister, and plasters this small smile, but his eyes find mine soon after. I clear my throat. "What are you doing here?" I ask, hopefully casual. Rio's brows raise in innocence. He pulls out a cell from the pocket of his dark jeans that hang low.

"Oh, you left your phone, sweetheart." He answers, casually, before his full lips tug upward. Did he really just...
I quietly suck in a rather calm breath, and take a step toward him, to take my cell back in my possession. I glance at my sister who watches us with her brows raised. I flick my gaze back onto the gangster again, his hands shoving into the pockets of his black hoodie. I fake a small smile. "Thank you." I say. But Rio takes it upon himself to take a step toward me, and come to a stand beside me, close. I feel his strong hand rest on my lower back, I immediately suck in a low breath...recalling the last time he touched me...

"I gotta talk to you for a second." Rio says, domineering, before he glances to Ann. "Do you mind if I burrow her?" He asks her, in turn receiving a quick nod. Ann can't seem to take her eyes off us. While I, internally want to scream. What does he really want?
"Unless you were on your way to brunch..." He says lowly, and I feel his gaze on me as I face toward Ann. "I can take you if you're hungry..." He merely whispers in my ear, causing me to fight my shiver.
"Oh my-" My sister blurts, but stops herself - covering her mouth with her hands. She points at Rio. "I- I know you. I mean I don't know you, but I know you...I think. I heard of you..."

"Was it of anything good?" Rio asks huskily, his tone hinting curiousity. I look to my side and latch onto his glinting eyes before watching his full lips curve into a grin, and I nudge his arm. "You're name..." My sister seems to enter a long train of thought, as my heart hammers. "Michael." I hurriedly say, clearing my throat. I plaster a smile at Ann, who now draws her misunderstood brows together. "No, I thought it was..."

"Rio." He interjects smoothly, carelessly. The gangster clears his throat when I feel his gaze on me when I avert my gaze unto to the reflecting Hospital floor - my cheeks officially flushed. "Hurts to see you forgot my name, darlin'. Micheal? Could've at least picked a more..."

"You know what, I am hungry. Can we go now?" I interject the gangster, when I look up to him. His luscious lips twitch, before he purses his full lips - his hand still placed on my lower back. I swallow lightly, before Rio lets out a smooth, humorless chuckle. I glance at my sister to send a farewell nod, and she still has her brows raised. With a bit pressure on my lower back, Rio gestures for me to go as he walks into step by my side. On our way out, and as my shift is finally over, I look over to meet Rio's gaze. His dark brown irises are watching my own already - something unrecognizable behind them. Or have I seen this expression before?
The gangster averts his gaze and faces ahead, never removing his strong hand from my lower back. But he can't make contact with me like this, right? I'm still at my job...

His hand is so low...
Before I know it, and as if the gangster can read my thoughts, I feel his hand slide down. My body immediately tenses as we continue to walk toward the glass double doors.
Once outside, moments later when I walk up to my car door - Rio's hard body is pressed against me on my car before I know it, his hands placed on either side of my head as I face him. I suck in a breath, as his fresh, clean scent slams against me while he's close. The warmth I felt and touched before, showers me. His brown eyes search either of my own. "So, brunch huh?" He begins lowly against me.

I swallow quietly. "Are you...hungry?" I ask, stupidly - which I already begin to regret. The gangster leans in next to my ear - his warm breath tickling my neck. "Are you?" He turns on me in a husky whisper. My heart begins to hammer against my ribs. "This is my job, Rio." I remind the gangster.
In front of me, I can see the gangster's jaw harden, as his chocolate brown eyes continue to gaze into mine. He grins a moment, blinking his dark lashes, before licking his full lips. I really, really have the sudden desire to kiss those lips...

I stand still against the driver side door, watching him make his way to the passenger side. I realize the gangster's full, tasty lips are still tugged upward as he opens my car door, and in a smooth movement gets inside to claim the passenger seat.

---

Thanks for reading, loves! New chapter will be up soon today.
*I cherish reading all of your comments, they surely bring a smile onto my face, or a good laugh! ;)

Lots of love,

xx