25

Victoria

I blink up to his brown eyes that pierce into me, as Rio waits for an answer. I swallow lightly, his warmth is radiating, earning nothing but the shaking in my knees. I'm curious of what's inside this building, what Rio does when he's here...
You wanna come inside? The gangster's husky voice repeats in my mind.
"Yes." I breathe. My brown irises flick down onto the gangster's full, luscious lips that twitch before his tongue lightly sweeps across them. I watch a grin play about on him, "Alright." Rio says lowly.

Rio turns around, and sends a half nod toward his boy Chris, presumably to make way for the both of us. Chris slides away from the open doorway he once stood underneath, before Rio leads me inside. I step inside the mysterious building, when the shadows I saw peeking behind the metal door withers into light, and everything becomes visible. I take in my surroundings; there are machines in the center of the large floor - this place seems to be some sort of old factory, I instantly gather. Alongside the walls sit long tables with suitcases aligned, and duffle bags that showcase a mountain of green papers from the open end...money. I think my jaw literally drops.
Around us, men carry bands of cash toward the long tables, as I notice some of the men take the duffel bags and transport them to the back metal door we came from. Where did all this money come from? And where are they taking it? A bank is automatically out of the question...

"They're cleanin' the cash." I hear Rio inform. I've been so dwelled in examining the place I immediately stop in my tracks when I almost face plant the gangster's back. He turns to face me, his chocolate brown eyes meet my own. "If you're wondering." Rio's jaw is hardened as he watches me. We stand close, due to my feet kicking ahead of me and almost crashing into him. But I don't take a step back and widen the small space between us. I glance over my shoulder, watching some of Rio's men, I assume, print a large poster of green, and at the machine beside it - the men cut out the rectangular dollars.
I raise my brows. "This is place is huge." I state before turning to meet his gaze. I watch the gangster look around the wide area. "You guys just...clean the money and copy it?" I ask.

Rio's dark eyes latch onto my own. He shakes his head, before licking his lips. "Nah, it's more to it." The gangster watches me a moment, and his lips twitch when he must realize I'm waiting for some clarification. He breaks into a grin. "Oh, I'm not telling you, darlin'." I sigh lowly, and roll my brown eyes. "Fair enough." I shove my hands into the pockets of my scrub top, glancing around me once more, before I latch onto the gangster's keen pair of eyes.

I arch a brow, "So...where does everyone sleep?" I ask softly, curiosity laced in my tone. Rio's full lips tug upward a moment. Instead of answering beforehand, the gangster steps toward me, his mere taller frame hovering as if he's careless as to who sees. "I'll show you." He says lowly, huskily. I nod slowly, and avert my gaze onto the cemented floor as I feel his warmth again. Then, Rio clears his throat, and moves past me. I let out a quiet breath I held, and follow behind him.

He walks across the wide floor, and in the direction of a twisted staircase in one corner of the large room and away from the machinery. "Is, um, is that where Jack is? Upstairs?" I ask, barely audible. The gangster hears me, and he throws me a glance over his shoulder.

"Is that who you're thinkin' about?" His domineering voice is hinting with distaste. Trust me, no. I part my lips, but for an unknown reason, I'm unsure of what to answer. Rio's brown eyes glint with amusement for one split second, that is, before he faces ahead and begins smoothly up the twisted staircase. I blow out a shaky breath, my throat all of a sudden feeling dry. "Look, that's why I came here, Rio." I claim, climbing up behind him.

I hear the gangster sigh in front of me, I view nothing but his back moving beneath his black jacket. "Just stop talking." He states irritatingly. I look up toward the back of his head, almost wishing he would turn around, and his dark eyes would be before me. My lips curve into a grin and I direct my gaze down to my climbing feet. 'Whatever you say.' I mouth behind him.

We make it upstairs and he continues his laid back pace into a corridor. Down the hallway is a tall door, in which Rio twists the knob, pushing it open. I enter the room behind him, immediately spotting a king sized bed in the center of the room, on one side of the wall is a dresser, the other wall attaches a bathroom - the glass shower revealed behind the open door. The walls are a plain light grey, but the room is overly spacious. Is this...his room?
I look over my shoulder a moment, spotting Rio's back facing me. He's taking off his black jacket, slow and relaxed. I want to face ahead and not pay him this kind of attention; but I don't. I keep watching.

From his smooth movements, his back muscles are moving along underneath his black shirt. I suck in a quiet breath, and keep my eyes on the gangster. His bare arms come into view, a few tattoos reveal. I swallow. I watch him toss his jacket onto the large bed, and takes his hand to rub the back of his neck. He moves to where I can see the side of his face - his jawline visible and clenched. Then, Rio turns around slowly, I can hear him letting out a calm breath. His brown eyes immediately land on my own, he sees me watching him. For a moment, it seems as though the gangster's face softens. But before I can believe it, he begins walking toward me, his structures toned and serious - his dark brown irises watching me intently.

My breath hitches in my throat, but I try my best to say something. My lips part. "No one else has a room? I didn't see the other bedrooms..." I trail off when the gangster approaches me, close. Rio's dark eyes flick down onto my own as he stands near. "It wasn't their bedrooms that you wanted to see." He claims, lowly. My heart suddenly hammers. I hesitantly look down to his full lips, just when he licks them deliberately. On the inside, I'm screaming. I know I shouldn't be here... But him... something about him is driving me crazy... and I want to be here.

This is beginning to become too much. I need to talk or change the subject. Fast.
I clear my throat. "Rio...I came for Jack. Where is Jack?" I breathe.
"Jack ain't here, sweetheart. I got my boys to take care of him." He answers firmly. "No worries. It's just me and you...business as usual." Rio finishes, his jaw is hardened as he takes one more small step, licking his full lips for moisture before biting down on his lip, and towering over me.

---

AH. ;)

Hope you enjoyed, loves. Thank you for reading!

Vote. Comment. Share.
Much love,

xx