35

Victoria

The gangster's full lips twitch, and his brows raise when he nods. "Oh it's me and you, sweetheart. But you see you can't follow behind when I'm handling business, it don't work that way, darlin'." His tongue sweeps across his full lips as he takes a step closer to me in a smooth movement. "Those boys that killed Mikey, they're dangerous." He stares deep into my eyes, searching either of my own when I furrow my brows. "Aren't you? You're going out to do who knows what to the same people that killed one of your boys...what else was I suppose to do?" Rio chuckles, revealing his white teeth as his luscious lips curve upward. "Oh I'm sorry, what, were you gonna do it for me? Or did you wanna ask me to not harm 'em? You wanna go and play tough, maybe do it yourself?" The gangster shrugs carelessly. "Go ahead." He tests me, his blazing dark eyes peel from mine when he turns around to walk back to his car.

"Where are you going?" I ask. The gangster stops in his tracks firmly, a moment, before he turns around to face me. He stands feet away. "Don't ask questions you don't want the answers to, darlin'." He states, his voice laced with authority. He turns his back again, walking off. I exhale, and a humorless laugh escapes from me. I shake my head, watching the gangster come to a stop again - only his back faces me. "Fine. Go ahead. Pay them a visit, kill them, I don't care what you do. I..." I purse my lips, when the gangster turns around. His full lips are tugged upward, and his shoulders move along while he chuckles.

"You think I need your permission?" He questions me, and before I know it he's walking toward me. He puts his hands into the pockets of his black jacket, searching my brown eyes when he stands close. He clenches his jaw, inches from my face. "I don't need your opinion, sweetheart. Stay here." He orders me again, and I've had enough of the orders. I glare up to the gangster's brown irises that are holding mine. "You can't-"

"Stay here, Victoria." He states firmly again. He sends me a once over, just when I think I notice his expression soften. "I'll be back." He confirms lowly. I hold my breath, staring up into his dark brown eyes that hold more than a sliver of reassurance. I flick my gaze down to his full lips, and quietly swallow. Maybe it's just me, but for a moment, I note the gangster's shoulders tense in front of me. I glance at his eyes again, and slowly nod. Rio licks his lips for moisture once more, sending a half nod and turning back around again.

I stand and watch him go back to his car, the beaming headlights form his dark silhouette again. But I can see the gangster glance behind his shoulder, meeting my gaze. I stand in the same spot, watching him send me a once over - his lips curve upward a moment - before he faces ahead, and gets into his car. He drives off. My lips part, breathing out the shaky breath I've been holding, when my back hits the dented side of my car. I throw my head back on the surface, and curl my lip. He just left...
He's going to be taking care of 'business' for, I don't know how long...and for now all that's left for me to do is trust him in doing so and handling it. Trust him...

I take in a cool breath, and get back into my car. It only takes a couple minutes for me to pull back into my driveway again, before I get out and make it up to the porch steps. I unlock my front door, resting my forehead on the wooden surface while doing so, before pushing it open. I walk in my house to be completely startled by my niece who runs in my direction. She instantly engulfs in a hug, and I release the scared breath I sucked in, hovering down to embrace her. "Auntie Vic!" Abby blurts with excitement when I rub her back in the embrace. I look up to face ahead in search for Ann. "Hey, where's your mom?" I ask.

Abby turns around, and looks in the direction of my kitchen, pointing her finger. I smirk, taking my nieces hand in mine as we walk towards the archway. "Why doesn't that surprise me?" I smile, when I lead her into the kitchen, only for my heart to stop. My smile falters, and I squeeze Abby's hand tight when I spot five men in stood in my kitchen, one pulling out a gun, to aim it at Ann's head. My sister tenses, and swallows loudly.

"Remind me to never make unexpected visits at your house, ever again." She frowns, as my heart feels as though it's going to pound out of my chest while I still latch onto her daughter's hand.

---

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed!
Don't forget to click that star below and make it golden/orange (whatever it is) ;)

Vote, vote, vote!

Much love,

xx