16

Victoria

What do I want him to do to Jack...? My ex fiancé cheated on me with a younger woman. That doesn't bring anyone the punishment of death...maybe a hands-on lesson...but death?

Rio hovers me, his dark brown eyes stare at mine intently. 'What do you want me to do to him?' His husky voice replays in my mind. I tried asking myself, but I can't come up with an answer, not an answer that feels right.
And I search the gangster's eyes, for what I think he wants me to say; but I don't see anything good. Because he's not good.
I softly unleash the breath of air I held, and answer him. "Nothing." I breathe. "For this one time, I'll handle it." I watch his expression, wait for a response. He tilts up his chin, never peeling his gaze from mine. "Maybe you should let me take care of him." He finally responds, and I swallow lightly, narrowing my brows. Rio's dark eyes lighten. "Oh, it's not that I don't think you can do it. You do anything you want." I flick my gaze onto his full lips quirking up. "I just prefer my way." I let out a low humorless laugh, our bodies still close to one another. "What is your way?"

His knowing grin widens. "You know what, I think I wanna see how you 'handle it' with him." He looks down at me, searching for something in my eyes again, licking his full lips. Our eyes are challenged, deep bold glances are exchanged.
I was afraid the moment he wanted to know Jack's name; the fear hasn't been lifted just because he's giving me the choice of what happens to Jack. I think I still fear Rio. And just when I come to that conclusion - I look at Rio, his dark eyes, and something keeps tugging me down...and down...until I feel like I'm on top of a mountain - and all I can do is be bold and speak up to him - tell him no.

Maybe that's why part of me hesitated on negotiating; if I gave him Jack's name...I wouldn't feel that way again. I know I'll miss what it feels like to be at the peak.
I'm pulled from my inner thoughts and planted back into reality when my gaze averts to his lips again, full and licking for moisture. I clear my throat, jolting my gaze onto his own dark brown irises. "You don't have to worry." He starts, folding his hands and widening the puny space between us as I watch him turn around, making his way out of my kitchen. "I'll handle him, sweetheart." He says, and I go to follow behind him but my feet are glued onto the wooden floor - I can't go after him, I don't follow him. Maybe this is my gut telling me to allow him to walk away.

But I tense, standing still and firm in the spot he left me, watching his back head toward the archway. My lips part when my heart finally steadies in my chest. "And then that'll be it? After that, we're done?" I ask. Something stops me from keeping him from 'handling' Jack. I just keep watching his back that's hidden underneath his dark blue button down shirt, and allow him to leave.

I watch him carefully. He throws a glance over his shoulder, his dark eyes meeting my own a moment. I see him give me a once over, "Yeah. We're done." His jaw visibility hardens, before still watching me a moment, then turning to leave. I stand frozen, before I hear my front door shut - and I acknowledge that he's gone.

-

The new sheets are cold beneath my back, the pillow below me needs plumping. My bedroom is starting to get a little cold as the blankets don't help. I kick my feet over the mattress, and stand on my wooden floor, walking across the silent room to turn on the heat. When I'm done, I hop back in my bed. I lay there, staring up at the plain ceiling a moment.
Then, moments later, I'm thirsty. I quickly sit up and kick my feet from off the bed to go down into the kitchen. But I groan, because I know exactly what I'm doing. I'm not thirsty. I throw myself back onto the cool sheets, huffing out an exasperated breath.

I'm doing anything to make him go away. Because hours ago, when Rio stood in my kitchen and told me he'd handle Jack, was the last time I saw him, the last time I'll ever see him. He won't be back because of my words. Frankly, I don't even know why I said it! I don't think I should've...
Now he's just...gone.

And I find myself looking for distractions or coming up with anything to forget his dark eyes that crept with danger, his grin that told you he was up to something, and his lips...his full, full lips that his tongue swept over every time he was close to me.

---

Thanks for reading!

Vote. Comment. Share.
Lots of love!

xx