43

Victoria

I place my cell phone onto the bedside table beside the queen mattress, after I discussed with a coworker about covering my shift at the Hospital for the next two days to come. My shifts are covered, gratefully, and I've been trying to dwell myself into a decent escape here at the Seaside Inn.

I lay on my stomach, scanning through the room service menu, flipping through the thick pages in search. It's been a few hours since I settled in and unpacked what I could before my cravings kicked in. So, I would say I've felt the cool silky bedsheets below me for quite some time now. I just can't seem to find anything not too overly expensive in this ridiculously fancy menu. I didn't even think this hotel would have room service...which is always counted as a plus in my book.

In the silent hotel room, I take in a sharp breath, before hopping off the bed to walk toward the large clear glass that overlooks the entire beach. I observe what's on the other side of the window - taking in the twinkling city lights that shine from afar, and the moon that descends monumental light over the tall buildings, other hotels, surrounding the shore that canvases the aura.

Seconds standing there, admiring the scenery before me, two firm knocks sound on the other side of the hotel door. I turn around, averting my attention onto the closed and tall wooden door where the knocks come from. I walk up to answer it - opening the door to see a tall guy who seems to be around my age, standing in a bright white button down shirt; a deep red bow tie worn just below his Adams Apple. He begins with a smile - while I still examine his seemingly joyful frame. His hair is black and merely ruffled, and his bright shirt is clinging onto the obvious muscles portraying underneath his clothing. I instantly perch a brow in turn.

"Are you a stripper?" I ask, curiously. The guy's smile immediately falters. He frowns, his expression revealing clear confusion. "No, um...I work in delivery?" He trails, earning for my brows to furrow in turn. "Room service, ma'am." He clarifies. My jaw drops a moment, and I slowly cover my mouth to suppress the smile threatening to showcase. "Oh my...sorry!" I purse my lips. The young man shakes his head, when he booms a chuckle. "It's OK, but I have to say that's the one and only peculiar question I received today." He smiles.

I run a tired hand through my brown hair. "I just...kind of had some of my red wine while I was settling in and...just...sorry. I'm starting to sound like my sister..." I add lastly rather to myself, curling my lip in afterthought. I jolt my eyes onto the bow tie guy - who blocks the view of something metallic reflecting the hallway lights. His arched brows raise. "You didn't sneak the alcohol in yourself, did you? Because anyone in the hotel can't really bring in alcoholic-"

I point to the object his tall figure is blocking from view. "Is that food?" I interject. "I actually was looking into the room service menu just minutes ago..." The bow tie guy nods quickly, turning around to push a transferable metal table toward me. "Yes it is actually, ma'am." He responds just I needed to hear, before lifting up the sliver covering to reveal the platter. Chocolate dipped strawberries showcase, and I take in a satisfied breath in awe.
"We kinda deliver the strawberries every night once it reaches 7:00. So I guess you got lucky!"

I bite my lip, reaching over to grab a chocolate covered strawberry and taking the first mesmerizing bite. I softly moan at the sweet taste of the chocolate on my tongue, before I peek over to the room service guy again. He watches me with raised brows, failing to hold back an amused smile.

"Sorry...again!" I wipe my mouth with my finger, watching him chuckle in turn. "I was hungry. Well, technically I still am, because who gets full off a strawberry, right?" I grin, taking up my second chocolate covered fruit. The bow tie guy nods understandably, before a light sigh escapes him. "Well, I'm pleased to see you enjoy our strawberries. I shall see you again, maybe." He says, sending a wave before he turns around. I offer a nod, and take it upon myself to pull in the metal table into the hotel room, preparing myself to devour the strawberries as soon I close the door.

But he speaks again, and I spin on my heels to face him; his tall figure still stands outside the open doorway. "Did you...maybe want to grab a bite sometime? Or go out for coffee...?" He asks me boldly. I arch a brow, that is, before a humorless laugh sounds from my chocolatey lips. I find myself laughing lightly, when his arched brows furrow as he watches me - before I shake my head quickly. "No." I purse my lips, raising my brows before he disappears behind the door I closed in front of him. I continue to laugh to myself, quietly, before I spin on my heels to head back to the mesmerizing strawberries.

---

Thanks for reading! Hope you all enjoyed! ;)

New chapter will be up soon!

Don't forget to vote, vote, vote!

Much love,

xx