38

Victoria

I look up to see Rio's brown eyes watching me. His blazing irises glint with amusement. I find my lips tugging upward. "What?" I ask - smearing the small puddle of blood on my wooden floor with the towelette in my hand.

I'm down on the floor, as the gangster stands - now bent over to twine a breathless body in plastic. The gangster licks his full lips, straightening his frame after rolling the body aside. I watch him plaster a frown, to raise his brows and shake his head in turn.

"Nothin." He shrugs, when I come to a firm stand feet away from him. The gangster licks his lips again when meeting my eyes. "I just never woulda imagined you..." I watch his brown eyes scan the perimeter and trail my wooden floor where there's spotches of the thick red liquid. "Cleanin' up a blood bath." His full lips curve upward.

I raise my brows and peel off the drenched gloves. "That's a possibility when it comes to a person working for a gang banger." I point, suppressing my smile, and make my way to the kitchen to toss the gloves into the trash.

When I walk out, and pass the archway, I glance at Rio slowly walking past my walls - examining the photos I have hanged.

I stand there a moment, and decide to lean my shoulder against the wall with my arms folded - watching him. He has his back turned to me, studying the images on my wall; family pictures, photos of Ann and Abby - Jack and I. My lips part.

"Admiring people that tend to smile often?" I question, arching a brow. The gangster glances back at me, over his shoulder - as he smirks. "Just observing." He says lowly, before he faces back around to continue making his way around my living room in a decelerating manner. I take in a sharp breath, before my feet kick ahead of me to clean up the last puny puddle of blood.

I squat on the floor, to soak the clean towelette in the thickness of blood, before tossing it into the trash bag next to me.

Along with the disposed towelette, I see a hard object land in the trash bag. Then another, before I flick my gaze up to see the gangster gently picking up a framed picture on my wall - before he carelessly tosses it behind, and I watch it land into the bag beside me.

With furrowed brows, I come to a stand. "Hey!" I call out, reaching down to gather one of the frames Rio counted as trash. I hold a picture of my ex fiancé and I on the beach, striking a pose above the sand. My gaze meets Rio's, as he's turned around now with a deliberate grin.

My lips all of a sudden shut when his dark eyes burn into mine - when he makes his way smoothly toward my direction. He takes one more swift step to provide shallow space that separate us.

The gangster's mere taller frame hovers me, when I watch his brown eyes flick down to the picture in my hands. I fix my gaze onto his full lips a second, just when his tongue sweeps over for moisture before he speaks.

"You hate 'em, don't you?" He asks, huskily. My eyes hold either of his own, as I swallow quietly. "Why?" I breathe, close to him. I can see the gangster's jaw clench when he takes another step - his chest gently brushing against my own now. His eyes are on my lips.

"'Cause I wanna know." He states firmly. "Just tell me." He blinks his dark lashes, flickering his brown eyes up to my own. Whether it's our proximity, or the dominant hold he has on me; my heart begins to hammer - and I can't control it. I breathe in his warmth.

And my arm reaches behind my back - before the framed picture of Jack and I slip between my fingers, and lands onto the soaked towelettes in the bag. I dropped the picture...purposely. I begin to flutter my brown eyes shut - before I do I see the gangster deliberately leaning in.

I lowly suck in a soft breath when the gangster's full lips brush against my own in a teasing manner. But I'm lulled in, and I can't pull away when my lips crave his - and capture them. I move my lips against his own at a slow tempo when he kisses me back.

My breath is held when his tasty lips are on mine. The warmth of his hand engulfs my cheek, as his touch sends galvanizing waves down my skin.

My fingers slip on the gangster's cheek from the accidental red liquid on my fingers. Why did I touch the photo that was already placed into the filthy trash bag filled with bloody towelettes?

But I don't stop kissing him, nor can I let my hands drop to my side and release his face...I don't care. Rio keeps his moving lips on mine as I captivate his. That is, before I gently part my lips from his a moment - his question hitting me as I gather my breath.

"I think you know my answer to that..." I breathe against him, letting my bloody hand drop from his face - leaving a small streak of the red liquid stained on his skin. He fixates his dark brown irises onto my own - his luscious lips tug upward.

Our proximity is enclosed, as I watch the gangster's brown eyes search mine. "And what if I asked you to be my business partner?" He licks his lips. "The first task having to bury a body," I watch him glance around toward the five dead men on my living room floor. "Not one of these, nah." The gangster shakes his head, before meeting my eyes. "Got what that takes, darlin'?" He asks lowly.

My breath hitches. Who's body?

---

Thanks for reading! Be sure to vote, vote, vote if you enjoyed, loves!

Much love,

xx