52

Victoria

My knuckles are white, clenched around the steering wheel. I can't take my eyes off the dark road ahead of me - frankly, the back of Rio's sleek BMW.

Around five more minutes, we'd reach my house; and once settled all the unspoken questions will finally be laid across the table - only for the answers to be spilled. Although Ann informed me of what Rio said to her earlier, about Jack, and us, I still feel I need to hear it from him. Mainly, I need to know what this is - what we are - from him. What are we doing? And Ann, what will she do about all of this? I know she won't go to the police...she won't. Has doing so even crossed her mind, yet?

I tug at my bottom lip as I focus on the road ahead, just as Rio makes a left turn to cruise down my street - I follow behind him. Moments in, when he approaches my driveway, I pull up to park my car next to the gangster's sleek BMW; turning off the ignition and stepping out the vehicle. My two feet plant on the cement below me, and I turn to face Rio. He stands on the side of his black car, the side that was once dented. His dark brown eyes meet mine from feet away.

I softly take in a breath, in preparation, and watch his dark brown irises glint under the light that reflects from the slender poles aligning the sidewalk. His twinkling eyes concentrate on me, just as his full lips twitch. "So what'd you wanna talk about? You must have several questions." He starts huskily, his tone low. I lick my lips briefly, before the gangster's lips tug upward before me, and he turns - swiftly making his way easily up my porch steps.

--

His eyes; curious and bold, search either of my own from afar. As Rio stands across the large room with folded hands, I stand with my arms crossed firmly against my chest. The gangster watches me intently, carefully. His tongue sweeps across his lips, deliberately, as he stands in silence.

"Tell me. What did you say to her?" I begin, rather too softly. I clear my throat when it seems the question is what the gangster expected, as he slightly shrugs in his jacket.
"I told her everything that I'm assuming she already told you." Rio answers huskily, gently shoving his hands into either pockets of his jacket. The gangster's brown eyes glint with a hint of entertainment, when his brows raise. "What? Didn't think I could?" He vestures a pout. "Oh, darlin' she would've found out sooner or later. But that's not it." I watch Rio take a couple steps in my direction.

"You see," He licks his full lips, leaving space between us when he stops in his deliberate tracks. "I don't got nothing to hide." I watch him shake his head, sending me a quick once over. "You don't either."

"You killed someone. How is that not something to hide?" I ask, my tone serious. A low humorless laugh escapes Rio's lips. "Nah, anyone else would cover that up. Not me." He states. In turn, I narrow my gaze at him, arms still folded. "Why do you act so infallible? You pretend you're never going to get caught."

"I won't." Rio interjects huskily, with certainty. Irritation begins to course through my veins as I take in his carelessness. "You don't know that." I protest firmly. In turn, Rio chuckles. He begins making his way toward me again, in slow and steady steps. "You must not know me as well as I thought you did." His tongue briefly brushes across his lips again, before his jaw visibly hardens.

"You could've just acted like nothing happened with the whole Jack thing!" I frustratingly whisper, as the gangster continues to walk my way, slowly. "I dont care how big and bold you think you are. You can't just risk it all like this!" I add. I watch him decrease the space between us with every easy step he takes - he watches me still, intently - his full lips tugged upward. I breathe out a frustrated breath and roll my brown eyes.

"The cops found his body. The first thing you do is announce to my sister that we took part in it." I spit, irritated when his full lips still showcase a mischievous grin. "What is your plan, huh?" I whisper again - the gangster doesn't stop slowly making his way over to me. "You said it's me and you. And from the looks of it, I'm starting to think that meant it'll be me and you that go down and get locked behind bars when this is all over!"

Rio stops just two feet in front of me, and I find him searching my eyes again. He sends me another once over, before his dark eyes linger on my own irises. "When this is all over, sweetheart, there won't be any crime around us. None of it." Rio says, still searching my eyes as if he's trying to figure out a piece of me. "It'll still be me and you, but with everything behind." He claims lowly.

He hardens his jaw, slightly shifting in his jacket. "And I told your sister about Jack because I wanted to see what you would say." He says. Rio takes one more step, merely enclosing the feet apart that separated our figures. He lifts his hand, lighting brushing back a strand of my brown hair. The touch of his warm skin tingles my own when he gently caresses my cheek. I look up to him, never peeling my gaze from his, as much as I tell myself not to.

"What I got back was your clear anger. That frustration piling in your chest? That shows how much you cared. That's what I was looking for." He concludes, lowly. My lips part, and I'm lost for words. My anger at him for risking it all, that's what he wanted? Confusion piles me.

The gangster licks his full lips deliberately, as he watches me. "You showing me how much you care, shows me that I can trust you." He states firmly, huskily. In turn, I quietly swallow - his warm touch still trailing on my skin.

With the anger that has slightly shifted, my eyes avert down to his lips. This, his trust, doesn't answer my yet spoken question; what are we doing? Are we fooling ourselves?

But before that, there is one thing I still wonder. My lips part again, inches away from his own. I flick my eyes back up to meet his own. "What are we going to do about the cops? The body? Ann?" I question.

Rio's full lips twitch, as he presumably suppresses some kind of smile, while his warm hand drops back to his side. I notice his gaze examine my face. "The cops are gonna try and locate us if they find anything, prints and whatnot. Unfortunately, wherever his body is now, that's where it's stayin'." The gangster holds my gaze, and gently grasps onto the back of my neck, he teases; slowly leaning in within each breath.

"And Ann. I'm not sure about her yet. I guess that's for us to find out if she were to make a move." He says lowly, close to me. My brows furrow as we breathe the same, thick air. "A move?" I ask curiously. I watch Rio bite down on his lip as his dark eyes are fixated on my lips.

"I think you know what I mean, sweetheart." He flicks his gaze up to latch onto my own, as in return, my heart nearly pounds out of my chest.

...A move?!

Rio's warm breath slowly laces around my lips. "Kidding." He smirks, just before his hand on the back of my neck pulls me in to him, and his tasty lips captivate mine, slowly and passionately. A hint of frustration, yet relief, and pleasure swirls within me - it's nearly unfathomable.

---

Thanks for reading, loves! Hope you enjoyed...vote if you did!

Be sure to make that star below golden/orange! ;)

Until next time! With lots of love,

xx