24

Victoria

I mean Jack, really? The gang banger could've at least took another random patient to not make this look so suspicious toward me...
I tap my fingers incessantly on the steering wheel, my full attention concentrated on the rocky road ahead of me - the road I have only drove down once to see Rio. Which I don't want to...if anything I'm hoping he won't be inside the mysterious brick building this time. The only person I need to find is Chris, in which whom, for some reason, supposedly took Jack. Why? I have the slightest clue. And if I find out that Rio - that no good, dangerously fine gangster had absolutely anything to do with this...
Then he'll really see me then, and Rio will not like what he sees. Heck, I might just have to require sticky fingers for his golden gun...and aim it towards his-

I huff out a breath, making a right turn onto the back roads to the place, presumably, where the entire gang stays. I need to stop thinking, and just drive. Though I'm silently hoping not every gang banger in the city will be inside that building. I can't believe I even have to think about this stuff; I would've never imagined I'd have anything to do with a gang...ever.

I pull up to the back of the building, putting my car in park and turning off the ignition. I sit in the car, silent, only hearing the throbbing sound of my heart against my chest. I glance around in my seat, and don't spot Rio's black BMW anywhere. So...I take I'm good to go. I get out and step foot on the rocks, trying my best to quietly shut my car door behind me. I suck in a low breath, and pull myself together - my feet kick ahead of me as I approach the familiar metal back door.
I march up the stoned steps, and stand on the outside, smoke flowing from my mouth each breath I take due to the cool air - watching my breaths dissolve on the metal inches from me. Then, I knock.

I stand in patience, even slightly unsure of what exactly to say to whoever opens this door. Hello, I'm a friend of Rio... No.
Hi! I 'use' to work for Rio...
Have any of you boys happen to know who stole my ex fiancé?... UGH!
Suddenly, the metal door swings open. I straighten, and lightly swallow. Out of the dark, steps out a tattooed covered man, prickly stubs of facial hair reveal on his chin and jawline, his dark hair is long and pinned up into some kind of...man bun? I clear my throat.

"Which one of you tattooed men took my ex fiancé from his hospital bed?" I ask, seriously. I fold my arms firmly across my chest, and the tall guy watches me, without a readable expression. Has he ever even smiled?
"Chris!" He calls over his broad shoulder, before I hear someone walking up from behind him. The familiar bird tattoo reveals on a shoulder, before the rest of the frame steps out from the shadows. It's Chris who walks up to me, stepping out onto the back porch - blocking the view of the other tattooed guy.

Chris is taller, and I glare up to meet his brown irises. "Really?" I begin. "Is it true, you took Jack? W- why?" I sputter. I watch him purse his lips in turn, "I didn't take your lover." I instantly let out a humorless laugh, "Why does everyone keep saying that? Jack's my ex..." I trail off when a silhouette appears next to Chris. I now glance over to the blazing eyes of Rio, his hands folded as he stands firmly by his boy's side. I freeze, then exhale a quiet, shaky breath when his chocolate brown eyes lock onto my own. "I thought I heard your voice." Rio starts, a grin plays about on his full lips.

Something merely flutters within me at his choice of words, but I ignore it. "What...what is this?" I ask indirectly. "You took him?" I glance at Rio, just when his jaw hardens and he rolls his brown eyes in annoyance. I watch him lick his lips before he speaks. Here we go. Someone get me out of here... "I did. That a problem sweetheart?" His brows are raised in amusement.

"Yes, it is! You can't just-" The gangster steps in front of me in a swift, smooth movement - now just a few feet away. I see his tattoo on his neck...he's so close. I shouldn't be here...
Rio's jaw is clearly clenched, hard. And I'm not afraid of the visible anger on him - I've come to learn it's just his natural appearance. Unless he's just always angry...
"I can do whatever I want," He breathes, "To whoever I want." The gangster's eyes blaze into mine, sparking a flame in me - a flame of a scorching fire. "No, you can't." I argue. Rio's structured angles soften, a moment, before his brows furrow.

"Oh we must've been separated for too long, darling, for you to be correctin' me like that." Rio licks his full lips again. "So let me remind you." I watch him reach for the waistline of his dark pants, and my heart begins to hammer. But I'm not scared, or worried. I'm just...angry.
He pulls out his golden gun, taking it in his grip, and takes a step toward me. But, instead of standing in place and not moving a single muscle, I quickly walk up to him. We each take a couple of steps to rather meet halfway on the porch, enclosing the space we once tamed between us.

I can now feel his warm chest lightly brushing against mine, and I glare up to burn into his dark brown, blazing eyes, but I think I'll melt. And he keeps his gun held by his side, not aiming it at me. His jaw is clenched, hard, as his gaze latches onto mine, his thick brows raised in...surprise. Rio's full lips twitch.

Then, he arches a brow, grinning and never letting go of my gaze. "You wanna come inside?" He asks huskily, gesturing toward the mysterious place he stays and searching either of my brown eyes as he stays standing close.

---

Thank you for reading, loves! Vote, vote, vote! ;)

Much love,

xx