31

Victoria

A laugh sounds from me when the gangster holds my hands in his on either side of my head. He presses his hard body against me on my wall - a small photo that was once hung on the surface behind my back smacks onto the wooden floor. I gasp at the sound of the frame smacking below, while Rio's full lips curve into a grin. I watch him a moment, before I fail at suppressing another smile.

I watch the gangster lean in, his mere taller frame hovers me. I breathe in his warmth that's radiating, consuming. He teases - his full lips gently brushing against mine. His hands are holding my own to where I am held back, when all I want is to pull him even closer and captivate his tasty lips in my own. But he dominates and merely causes my heart to rate incredibly fast against him. Rio's dark brown eyes search my own. The gangster doesn't speak, and instead one of his hands release my own and he uses that hand to grab my waist. His other hand loosens in my own, and grips my leg, slowly lifting it up to wrap around his toned waist. The gangster breathes, close, and finally presses his full lips on my own. Now free, I snake my arms around his neck, before my fingers run through his short hair. Our kiss is slow, deep, and heated - his warm touch surging through my legs as he's pressed against me. And before I know it, his strong hands hoist me up, wrapping both my legs now around him.

I don't stop kissing him. I can't. The gangster's hard body pressed harder - my back slams harder onto the wall behind me in my house. There's some noise, shuffling, it sounds like, coming from the other side of my front door. I try to ignore it, moving my lips against Rio's incessantly. ...But the noise sounds closer and closer outside my front door. Our heated bodies are in the foyer, and I peel my eyes open and glance toward the closed door. Rio doesn't stop moving his lips on my own, and I hear the noise again outside my house - before I nearly jump out of my skin from a booming alert. There are sudden knocks on my front door, and Rio pulls his lips from my own, before he puts me down. The gangster and I stare at my front door as it shakes from the pounding of someone's fists. I glance at Rio, his dark eyes blazing when his irises meet mine.

"HEY!" I hear a deep voice boom from outside. The wooden door still shakes from the pounding of a fist. I turn my attention to Rio, who quickly makes his way toward my front door in a smooth movement. The gangster swings the door open, for us to see a blonde man on the doorstep, revealing a frantic expression, while he holds an unmoving slumped body in his hands. I tense against the wall, and watch Rio take the boy from the man's hold. "I didn't know who else to come to..." The blonde guy states firmly, and I detect shakiness in his deep voice. Rio glances at me from behind his shoulder as he takes the boy in his hands, his dark eyes gesture for permission - and I nod for them to come in. Rio hurries to my living room, the tall blonde shutting the front door behind him when he enters - a dark bird tattoo reveals on his hand. I hurriedly follow them as they carefully lay down the slumped body on my coffee table.

I watch the two gang members exchange glances. "She saved Chris, right?" The blonde man questions Rio, and the gangster's jaw hardens, before he nods. I swallow lowly, and pace in their direction to see what happened. The younger boy on the table, dark haired and breathless, seems younger than the majority of Rio's boys that I've seen before...he reminds me of a victim that Rio still never brought up. One that didn't make it in the Hospital...one that had the same tattoo. Eddie, the detective informed us of the victim's name, weeks ago.

I take in a calming breath when I check for a pulse on the boy. I flick my gaze onto the blonde guy who watches warily. "What's his name?" I ask him. The man purses his lips, only for another voice to answer in return. "Mikey." Rio responds huskily next to me. I turn to latch onto his eyes, his gaze burning into my own. I then nod, and avert my attention onto the boy, before my lips part. "He doesn't have a pulse..." I say, barely audible. "What happened to 'em?" I hear Rio ask seriously. I quickly start CPR on the boy, beginning with the compressions. "He didn't tell us he got caught up with these dealers..." The man responds. "I found him like this and...I remember you mentioning her..." I look up to see the man pointing towards me before he continues. "Yo, you know I couldn't go to no hospital." He adds, still sounding shaky. I look to Rio who's jaw is hardened, while he nods and rubs his hand across his face.

Moments after I reach 2 cycles of the breaths and compressions; there's still no breath or any sign of movement from Mikey.
"I..." The man trails off as I feel his gaze on me trying to revive Mikey. I glance up at the man, with a hopefully assuring gaze, and his frantic eyes meet mine. "It's OK." I breathe, completing the 3rd cycle. From the side of my eye I see Rio watch me, but I don't turn to face him, I can't. Instead I focus on the compressions.

"What- what were you two doing here, anyway?" The stranger questions. I widen my eyes a moment, before biting my lip in refusal to answer, at least not honestly.
"Handling business." Rio says firmly instead. Then, as I finish off the final compression, there is still no breath. I sit up on my knees after I tried my best, and huff out a breath. My eyes meet the blonde. "That was my 5th cycle..." I breathe. His thick brows raise in turn. "What's that mean?"
I run a hand through my hair, sucking in a low breath. "After the 5th cycle, if he's still not breathing...I have to call it. He...he's not breathing..." I say. The tall blonde narrows his eyes at me a moment, then I notice his eyes become glossy. I swallow, before glancing to Rio who stands with his arms folded firmly across his chest. His jaw is set hard and clenched, as his dark eyes flash with...anger...pain.

"I'm sorry." I breathe. Rio slowly turns around, and I watch him walk away, as he heads toward my front door, before slamming it shut behind him.

---

Hope you enjoyed, loves. Thanks for reading.
Q: How did you spend your Valentine's Day? :)

Much love,

xx