10

"Again, I'm sorry you had to come to work with me." FP apologizes as he drives to Ellie's daycare.

"I told you, it's alright. I would've just sat around doing nothing all day if I hadn't, This was much better."

"Well I'd go drop you off now but Ellie doesn't like when I'm late. Last time she thought I had skipped town."

Alice smiles. "She's a sweet kid." 

"She is. But her mom leaving really did a number on her."

"I can imagine how awful that must have been, I mean she's so young."

FP sighs. "Tell me about it, I can't even imagine leaving her. She's my little girl."

"You're a good dad."

"Yeah?" He turns to her and she smiles with a nod.

"Yeah. She's lucky to have you."

___

He walks into her daycare and is instantly greeted by the smiling face of Ellie who jumps to him, hugging him tight. "Hey there kiddo, you have a good day?"

"It was so fun, daddy! We got to play with the music toys!"

"Wow that's so cool, honey. What did you play?"

"The piano. Miss Tina said I'm the best!" She recalls proudly.

"I bet you are." He pecks a kiss to her cheek and sets her down. "Why don't we go get your stuff? Allie's in the car."

"Allie's here with you? No way!" He nods and she smiles excitedly. "Can I go wave to her."

He chuckles. "Sure kid, I'll get your things."

He watches with a smile as she waves and giggles at Alice from the window. He takes her hand once he gets her bag and signs her out and she skips happily with him to the truck.

"Hi Allie!" Ellie chirps as FP buckles her in.

"Hi there, sweetheart."

"Thanks for coming with daddy to pick me up!"

"It was my pleasure." Alice smiles at her.

FP gets into the truck and turns to the little girl. "Guess who Alice met today, honey?"

"Who, daddy?"

"Aunt Hermie and Uncle Freddy!"

She smiles. "Where?"

"Allie came to work with me and they were there."

"No fair, why does Allie get to come to work with you? You said I can't!"

"I'm just scared you're going to get hurt, baby. You're still little."

"I'm a big girl!" She insists.

"Tell you what? I'll bring you on a day when Aunt Hermie will be there to hangout with you."

"Can Allie come too?"

"If she wants to, she can."

"Do you want to Allie? Pretty please come!"

Alice smiles as she looks at the girl in the backseat. "Well how can I say no to that? Sure."

"Yay!"

___

"Daddy? Can we watch a movie?" Ellie asks as she rubs her eyes.

"You look tired, honey. You sure you'll make it through a movie?" He scoops her up into his arms and she snuggles into him, sucking on her thumb.

"Yes! Please can we watch one?"

"Yeah, baby, we can watch one. What do you want to watch?"

"Pocahontas?" She suggests.

"That's a good one!"

"I'll go put it in." Alice offers.

"Can I have milk please?" Ellie asks FP.

"Yeah, of course kiddo. You want to go out to the living room with Allie while I get it?"

She shakes her head. "I wanna snuggle."

"Alright, honey." He presses a kiss to her head and pours some milk into a sippy cup before handing it to her.

He settles on the couch with her, pulling a blanket over her as she snuggles into him.

He's all too aware of the pretty blonde sitting next to him and it makes his heart skip a beat.