48

Alice is the first to wake up in the morning and sees FP sleeping soundly beside her, his arm draped over her waist. She lightly runs her fingertips over his beard and leans over to press a kiss to his cheek before slipping out of bed.

She pokes her head into Ellie's room to make sure she's still sleeping and when she sees that she is she walks into the bathroom and gets into the shower, leaving the door open a bit so she can hear if Ellie wakes up before FP does.

As she's shampooing her hair she hears the shower door slide open and she jumps as she whirls around to see who it is, smiling when she sees FP. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." He chuckles as he gets into the shower fully.

"It's okay. Did I wake you?"

He wraps his arms around her waist as she washes the shampoo out of her hair. "No, I was sort of in and out of sleep when you got out of bed."

"So you thought you'd come join me in the shower?" She smirks as he nuzzles his face into the space between her neck and shoulder.

"Hey, we're saving water, babe."

"Mm, good point." She wraps her arms around his neck and he kisses her slowly. "You know, Ellie seemed to be sleeping pretty heavily when I checked in on her, I think we have some time to ourselves."

"Hmm, what are you implying there, Smith?"

"Oh nothing." She says innocently, giggling as his lips crash against hers again.

They kiss for a while, his hands travelling up and down her sides and just as he's about to hoist her up they hear the bathroom door open and Ellie's voice ring through the room. "Daddy?" She calls.

He unwraps his arms from around Alice and pulls the shower door back enough so he can poke his head out. "Yeah, sweetheart?"

"Why are you in the shower with Allie?" Alice digs her nails into FP's hip at the little girls question, she still knows nothing of their relationship.

"Allie had soap in her eye and she needed some help getting it out." FP comes up with on the spot.

"Are you okay, Allie?"

"Yeah sweetheart, I'm fine."

"Okay. Daddy, can you make me pancakes after you help Allie?"

"Sure honey, I was just about to get out anyway. I'll meet you in the kitchen!"

"Okay!" She happily says as she slips out of the bathroom.

He turns back to Alice and kisses her softly, "I'll make extra pancakes for you."

"Thank you." She smiles at him as he gets out of the shower, enjoying the view of a completely bare FP.

She finishes up in the shower and gets out. She brushes her teeth and hair and slips into a pair of clothes before joining the other two in the kitchen.

"Allie!" Ellie squeals.

"Well you're a happy girl this morning," Alice smiles as she lifts the little girl up into her arms. "Good morning, sweetheart."

"I'm a very happy girl 'cause I had a very happy dream."

"Oh yeah? What was it about? Tell me everything." FP smiles at the two of them as Alice sits down on a chair with Ellie still in her arms, the girl chatting away.

"You and daddy were the king and queen of a castle and I was a pretty princess and I had a pet dragon and a fairy godmother and it was just super duper cool, Allie!"

"That does sound super cool, and daddy and I were the king and queen?" Ellie nods. "I like the sound of that."

FP smiles over at her and she returns the smile. He sets a plate down on the table for Ellie. "You want coffee, Alice?"

"Is that a trick question? Yes, I want coffee." He brings over a plate of breakfast and a mug of coffee.

"Thank you." He joins them at the table with his own breakfast and chuckles when Alice props her legs up in his lap from under the table. "So, Ellie, guess what day is coming up?"

"What?"

"Father's day, we get to celebrate your daddy for a whole day."

"Oh no!" Ellie whines. "I didn't get to makes you a present!"

"That's okay, El." FP leans over and kisses her head. "You're my present, kiddo."

"But in daycare I always maked you a present." She pouts a little.

"Well I was thinking that while daddy's at work tomorrow you and I could make him a little present?" Alice tells her.

"Really?"

"Yeah! You think about what you want to make him and then tomorrow you and I can go and get whatever you need to make it."

"Yay!" She looks towards FP. "I'm gonna make you the bestest present because you're the bestest daddy." She puckers her lips to give him a kiss and Alice just can't help but smile at the two of them.