36

"Daddy!" Ellie calls, skipping into the living room, clutching Alice's hand tightly in her own.

"Hey you. Good morning." He sits up and presses a kiss to her cheek. "You're up early, you should've came and woke me up instead of Allie."

"It's okay, I don't mind." She insists.

He smiles and feels Ellie wrap her arms around him in a hug as he stands up. "Can you make bacon and eggs for breakfast?"

"Sure, baby. You can go play if you want to, I'll call you when it's ready."

She skips off to her bedroom and Alice smiles at him, leaning up on her tip toes for a good morning kiss.

"Well that's a nice way to be greeted in the morning." He smiles, leaning in and giving her another kiss. "How'd you sleep, gorgeous?"

"Alright. Would've been much better with you beside me keeping me all warm and cozy all night."

"I think we can work something out for tonight."

___

"Alright, smiley face breakfast for my girl," he places a plate in front of Ellie, the eggs and bacon positioned to look like a smiley face. "And bacon, eggs and coffee for my other girl." He whispers, placing the plate and mug in front of Alice.

"Look Allie! It's a smiley face!"

"That's so cool, sweetheart!"

FP grins and presses a kiss to Ellie's head before sitting in the chair next to her.

"Daddy?" She starts. "Can I come to work with today?"

"I can't see why not. Aunt Hermie will be there, so sure."

"Yay!" Ellie excitedly squeals. "Can Allie come?"

"That's up to her, honey. But she's more than welcome to come if she wants to."

"I'd love to." Alice agrees.

___

After breakfast Ellie drags Alice into her bedroom to help her get ready. She picks out her own outfit, which consists of pair of overalls and a white shirt, her reason being she wants to look like her daddy. Alice thinks it's adorable. She fastens the girls hair into pigtails and then goes to get herself ready.

When she comes back out into the living room she finds FP and Ellie playing with some toys. She's got a couple toy tools sticking out of the pocket of her overalls.

___

"Well this is a nice surprise!" Fred says as he watches FP unbuckle Ellie from her car seat, "Now we got some extra help."

"I'm ready to build houses with you and daddy!" Ellie announces, running over to her uncle and giggling when he lifts her up.

"Aunt Hermie's in the office if you want to go say hi." Fred tells her, pressing a kiss to her cheek and setting her down so she can go see her aunt.

She takes Alice's hand and brings her with her as she walks up the steps to the office trailer. Alice opens the door for her since she's too short to reach the doorknob.