45

"Okay, baby, I'm going to hold onto you and you have to pedal. Alright?"

"Okay, Daddy, don't let go of me though!"

"I won't, not until you tell me to."

"Lets go!" She starts pedalling and FP holds on to both her and the bike, keeping her steady.

"Look at you go, El! You're doing so good."

"I am?"

"Yeah you are!"

They do multiple laps on the bike while Alice watches from the park bench. Every time they pass her, Ellie grins at her.

"Look at me go, Allie!"

"You're doing so good, El! You're better than I am."

"Did you hear that, daddy?"

"I did. Pretty cool, baby."

He takes her on a few more laps and she stops him when they get to Alice. "Can I try on my own, daddy?"

"You think you can do it?" She nods. "Alright, I'll run behind you so if you need me just tell me."

"I will!"

He shares a nervous glance with Alice and let's go of the bike. "Alright, kiddo, whenever you're ready." She starts pedalling and FP follows close behind her, she's a little wobbly but she seems to have gotten the hang of it.

She stops the bike when they make it back to Alice and both adults smile widely at her. "You did that all by yourself, El! I'm so proud of you."

"Yay! I can ride a big girl bike!" She exclaims. "Can I go again, by myself this time?"

"Alright," FP nervously agrees. "But be careful, I'll be right here with Allie, if you need me just call for me."

"Okay!" And then she's off, he chuckles as he watches her speed around on her bike.

"She picked that up really fast." Alice says, leaning closer to FP.

He curls his arm around her. "She's a smart kid, pretty sure she's smarter than I am."

"Well at least you know the bike was a hit."

"I had a feeling it would be, any time I would take her to the park she'd insist on bringing her old bike. She loved it."

"She's adorable." Ellie zips by them and they laugh as she speeds around.

"She's going to give me a heart attack." FP comments as he watches her.

"I have band-aids in my purse, don't worry."

"That does make me feel a little better."

___

"I think she was tired." Alice comments, gesturing to Ellie who's curled up in the corner of the booth beside FP.

"Must've been, she didn't even finish her milkshake, that's not like her." He shrugs his jacket off and drapes it over his daughter, pressing a kiss to her head. "You know, Ellie has been wanting to have a sleepover at Fred and Hermione's, maybe you and I could have a little sleepover of our own if she does."

"I'd like that," Alice smiles at him. "a lot." She reaches for his hand across the table and gives it a squeeze. "Now what would do on this sleepover, Mr Jones?"

He smirks at her. "Well, it would involve you and I in a lot less clothing."

"Ooh, I like this idea already." She smiles at him. "Maybe we could practice a little when we get home? Show me exactly what you mean?"

"Check please!" FP calls, making Alice laugh. "But in all seriousness, I'd be cool with just hanging out and watching movies with you all night. As long as you're there, I don't care what we do."