44

"Wake up, handsome." Alice whispers in FP's ear, stroking his cheek.

"Hey, Al." He groggily answers.

"Damn."

"What?"

"You're getting old." Alice gasps. "I heard you're the father of a four year old today."

FP smiles. "Don't remind me, I can't believe how big she's getting."

"It's crazy." Alice agrees. "Want to help me make breakfast?"

"For sure." He stands up from the couch and walks with her over to the kitchen. "I'm going to wake up the munchkin." He pecks a soft kiss to her lips and walks over to Ellie's room.

___

"Hey, El," FP whispers as he sits on the edge of her bed. "Ellie."

Her eyes flutter open and she smiles upon seeing him. "Hi, daddy!" She cheerily greets.

"Good morning, baby girl. Happy birthday."

"Yay it's my birthday!" She wiggles out from under her blankets and stands up, jumping on her bed, FP catches her mid jump and she giggles.

"You may be four now but you still can't jump on the bed, kiddo." He chuckles.

"But I'm big."

"Yeah and you'll also get a big boo boo if you fall." He presses a kiss to her cheek. "Allie and I are making breakfast, what would you like for your birthday breakfast?"

He walks out into the kitchen with Ellie while she thinks about what she wants. "Chocolate chip pancakes! But extra chocolatey!" Ellie decides, not that it's much of a surprise. "Hi Allie!"

"Hi, cutie! Happy birthday." Alice smiles at her and takes her from FP when she reaches out her arms.

"Can we make chocolatey chip pancakes?"

"Sure we can, I figured that's what you would want. I also started making your birthday cake."

"Chocolate cake?" Ellie questions.

"Of course." Alice grabs a spoon and scoops a bit of icing onto it, offering it to Ellie who gladly accepts it. "What do you think? Good?"

Ellie nods. "Super yummy, Allie!"

___

"You done eating, El? Or do you want more?" FP asks her.

"I'm done, daddy! Can I have more after we have cake?"

"Sure, kid." He takes her plate to the sink. She had requested chicken nuggets and French fries for dinner.

He looks a little sad so Alice follows him out to the kitchen to help him get the cake while Ellie chats away to her aunt and uncle.

"You alright?" She questions, running her hand across his back.

"Yeah, just can't believe how big she's getting. I mean she'll be starting school in the fall, Al."