53

"Night, baby." FP whispers, leaning down to give Ellie a kiss.

"Night daddy, night Allie."

"Goodnight, sweetheart."

The two of them walk out of the room and FP shuts Ellie's door before wrapping his arms around Alice. "You sure you're alright, Al? You looked pale at the park, I'm worried."

"I'm alright." He still looks concerned and she cups his face in her hands. "Really honey, I'm okay." She kisses him softly.

"I hope you know you can talk to me if anything is bothering or if something happens. I'm here for you, Al. Always."

"I know," she kisses him again. "But really, I'm okay." She slips her hands to his waist, slipping underneath his shirt a bit. "Come cuddle with me?"

He smiles at her and her heart skips a beat. "I'd love to."

___

"Uncle Freddie!" Ellie calls as she pushes open the office door. "Uncle Freddie?"

"Hey there cutie pie, whatcha up to?" He scoops her up into his arms and she gives him a hug.

"Daddy said you and him have a surprise for me and I gets to help!"

"A surprise? I don't know anything about a surprise." Fred teases.

"Uncle Freddie," She giggles. "You're silly."

"No love for me?" Hermione pouts teasingly.

"Hi Aunt Hermie." She puckers her lips to give her a kiss. "Daddy and Uncle Freddie have a surprise for me!"

"I know. You're going to like the surprise."

"Can someone tell me it? Please? I wanna know so super badly."

FP chuckles and nods. "You know how you always want to come build houses?" She nods. "Well today you get to help us build one."

"We're building a house?" She questions excitedly.

"Sort of, we're going to make you a dollhouse. And you get to help design it and build it."

Ellie grins at that. "Can we start building now?"

"Excited, baby?" FP questions, knowing the answer already. Ellie nods eagerly. "Yeah, we can start now."

Fred walks out of the office with Ellie in his arms and FP turns to Alice, slipping his hands down her back to grip her butt. She laughs and the sound is quickly muffled by his lips on hers. Hermione shakes her head at them and sits down on the couch by the window so she can watch the boys and Ellie work.

"Get out there before your daughter comes back in here and sees you feeling me up." Alice teases, stealing another kiss.

"Fine, fine. If you two need anything just yell."

"Will do." Hermione answers. Alice walks over to couch with blushing cheeks. "You two seem to be getting along quite well. Things getting serious?"

"Oh you have no idea." Alice sighs, the colour draining from her face.

Hermione's eyebrows knit together in confusion. "What's going on? You two are all over each other, is that not a good thing?"

"No it is, believe me it's great, but there's just a small problem."

"Which is?"

"Well it might not be a problem, I'm not sure yet but I have a feeling it might be and I just-" Alice rambles on until Hermione stops her.

"Alice!"

"Yeah?"

"What's going on?"

"I think I might be pregnant." She nervously admits.

Hermione's mouth falls open. "Wait, seriously?" Alice nods. "Have you taken a test?"

"No, I'm scared to. And I don't know how FP will react if I am."

"Does he know that you might be?"

"No, I only thought about it yesterday, that's why I got all pale."

"Why don't you just tell him? He's all worried about you."

"I know, I'm just... I've interrupted their lives enough by having to come live with them and now I might be pregnant? That would really uproot their lives."

"That man is head over heels for you, Alice. And Ellie? She adores you."

"You don't think he'll be mad? It's not like we planned it."

"You're not even one hundred percent sure you are pregnant, it's better that he knows so that you two can talk about what you'll do."

"I should talk to him tonight." Alice sighs.

"I think that'd be best. Decide what you two want to do, how you're going to handle it. Then after he knows, you can take the test to confirm it."

She looks out the window and FP smiles and winks at her. "I just hope he won't hate me. He's the one good relationship I've had, I can't lose him."

"And you won't. He wouldn't leave you because of this, family is the most important thing in the world to him. You're his family now too, whether you're having his baby or not."