23

"You two alive in here?" FP teasingly asks as he walks inside after work.

"Duh, daddy!" Ellie answers, running over to wrap her arms around him.

"What did you two do all day?"

"Played dollies, watched a movie, and builded towers for my barbies!"

"Sounds like you had a big day."

"It was super duper fun!" Ellie agrees.

"So I take it you like Allie watching you?" 

"Yeppers!" She raises her arms for FP to pick her up.

"How was she?" He directs the question to Alice.

"I was good!" Ellie tells him.

He raises an eyebrow at Alice for confirmation. "She's right, she was very good."

"See?"

"See?" He mocks back to Ellie, tickling her belly and making her giggle. "Alright, you wanna go to the park?"

"Yes, yes! Please I wanna go so bad, daddy!"

"We will, munchkin." He pecks a kiss to the side of her head and sets her down. "We need to pack some snacks if we're gonna have a little picnic. Take advantage of the nice day."

"I'll make a couple sandwiches." Alice offers with a smile.

___

"It's such a nice day out today." Alice smiles, leaning back to bask in the sunlight.

"Yeah it's real nice. Love coming here with her on days like today." FP agrees.

"Well she seems to be having a blast, look at that smile."

They both watch as Ellie giggles and smiles away as she plays on the jungle gym.

"Allie watch me go!" Ellie yells as she stands at the top of the slide.

"I'm watching, honey!" The little girl goes down the slide and Alice smiles as she watches her. "Wow! Look at you go!"

"Did you see that, daddy?"

"Of course I did! Super cool, baby girl." He answers with a mouth full of sandwich.

"Sandwich good?" Alice chuckles. He nods and gives her a thumbs up in response.

"Daddy can you take me on the monkey bars?"

He stuffs the rest of the sandwich in his mouth and stands up. "Sure kid."

He walks over to the monkey bars with her and Alice watches with a fond smile as FP helps Ellie go across the monkey bars.

And if his shirt happens to raise up and his arms flex? Well that's just a plus.

___

"I want cheese please!" Ellie requests as FP opens the pizza box.

They figured it'd be much easier to pick up some pizza rather than cook some food, plus it meant they got to stay at the park, much to Ellie's delight.

"Al? Cheese or everything?" He asks, looking at the two pizzas.

"Hmm, both?"

He smirks. "My kind of woman. Both it is." The comment makes her heart flutter. He hands her a plate and looks to Ellie. "You want me to cut it up?"

"No I wanna eat it like a big girl!" She insists and he sets the plate in front of her.

"Ok, just make sure you chew it up good." He sits down in the chair next to her.

"I will, daddy." She smiles at him and bites into a piece of pizza.

        ___

By the time dinner was done, Ellie had pizza sauce smeared all around her mouth. FP laughs at the sight of her. "Looks like someone's gonna need a bath."

Ellie pouts. "I don't want a bath."

"Well you've got pizza sauce all over you, munchkin, you've gotta have a bath. Come on, we'll make it a quick one."

"Can we watch a movie after?"

"Sure baby, we can watch a movie."

Alice picks out a movie for them as FP gives Ellie a bath, she gets her some milk as well, knowing she'll most likely fall asleep during the movie.

"What movie did you pick, Allie?" Ellie asks, crawling up onto Alice's lap.

"Snow White."

"I love Snow White! But can we skip the scary part when she's in the woods?"

"I was hoping you'd ask that, that part scares me too." Alice says, smiling as Ellie curls up against her.

Not even halfway into the movie she falls asleep, snoring softly, perfectly content in Alices arms. "I know you already know this, but you really do have the cutest child on the planet."

"Yeah I got pretty luck, huh?" He smiles at the little girl curled up in Alice's arms, sleeping so peacefully. "Do you want me to take her to bed? Or do you got it?"

"I can do it." She gets a better grip on the girl and stands up from the couch, walking as quietly as she can to her bedroom and laying her down in her bed. She pulls her blankets up around her and smiles as Ellie immediately snuggles up with her stuffed animals. "Night sweetheart." Alice whispers, flipping on her nightlight and walking out of the room.

"Did she wake up?" FP asks as she comes back into the room.

"Nope, she's out like a light."

"Hey, uh, if you're not tired or anything, maybe we can hangout and watch a movie or something? I mean, if you want to of course?"

"Yeah. That sounds nice."

"Great. Well pick out whatever you want, there's not a huge selection for people our age, mostly Disney and Pixar movies but I'm good with whatever." 

Alice chuckles. "Ok, I'll make some popcorn too, make a night of it."

He smiles at her and she just knows her cheeks and face are red but she really can't bring it upon herself to care. Not when he's standing right in front of her, wanting to spend time with her.