52

"Daddy can we get donuts after I play?" Ellie asks.

"What about Pops? We're going for lunch there."

"Can we get a donut and Pops?" She bats her eyes at him.

"Sure honey." He unbuckles her from her car seat and set her down, she rushes over to her aunt and uncle.

Alice smiles at the girl and laces her fingers with FP's. "I think I'm going to grab some coffee, you want some?" He already knows her answer.

"Yes please."

"Just your usual?" She nods and he gives her a quick kiss. "You two want anything?"

"Coffee." Fred requests.

"Tea. The baby is making me crave tea like crazy."

"Tea it is. I'll be right back."

Ellie takes Alice's hand and the four of them walk onto the playground. "Uncle Freddie, do you want to play soccer?"

"Yeah kiddo, I'd love to." The two of them run over to a soccer ball while Alice and Hermione find an empty bench to relax on.

"How are you feeling?" Alice asks, watching as Hermione kicks off her shoes to relieve her swollen feet.

"Pregnant. I feel pregnant."

"If it helps, you look great." 

Hermione smiles. "It does help. Thank you."

FP comes walking over, taking the empty spot beside Hermione. "Coffee for my girl." He hands Alice her cup and she smiles at him. "And tea for you and the munchkin. How is the munchkin?"

"Growing like a week, making me feel like a whale."

"Can he or she hear yet?"

"Not yet, but Fred still chats away to my stomach every night." She laughs fondly. "Why do you ask?"

"Gotta make sure my God-child knows my voice."

"And how said you are the Godfather?" Hermione teases.

"I dibsed it on your wedding day." He shrugs, placing his hand on her bump. "Don't worry kiddo, once you figure out that your parents are complete loons you can come visit me." Hermione swats him in the shoulder. "I'm kidding, you've got a good set of parents. The best."

Alice smiles as she watches him. She wants that with him one day. Wants a life with him.

Then it hits her, that someday may come much sooner than expected because when she does the math in her head she comes to the startling conclusion that she's late.

"You alright, babe?" FP snaps her out of her daze. "You look like you've seen a ghost." He reaches over to grab her hand, giving it a little squeeze.

"No, I'm fine. Just fine." She smiles weakly at him and he raises an eyebrow at her but decides to let it be for the time being.

"Oh hey, El asked me if she could come to work with me tomorrow so you can come too if you'd like. I know it's not the funnest place to be but it might be a little better than being stuck at home by yourself."

"Yeah, I'd love to come. She always has so much fun at work with you."

"I think we're going to have to hire her one day." Hermione chuckles.

"Oh she'd love that." FP smiles.

"Daddy! Come play soccer with us!" Ellie calls.

"I'm coming, baby." He stands up from the bench and leans down to give Alice a kiss. "You sure you're alright?"

She nods. "I'm fine."

He's still a little weary but he walks over to Ellie nonetheless, he knows there's something wrong but he doesn't want to push her. She gives him a smile when he turns back to her and blows him a little kiss which makes him laugh, maybe things are okay.