16

"Hey, Al?" FP starts. "You have anything planned for today?"

"Nothing at all, same as usual. Why do you ask?"

"Would you be able to pick up this kiddo from daycare?" He gestures to Ellie in his arms. "I have to stay at work a little late."

"Yeah for sure." Alice smiles at the two of them.

"Allie's going to pick me up? That's the coolest!"

"Actually, if you want to, drop her off at my work and we can all have dinner at Pop's."

"Yeah that sounds great."

"Can I get monsterella sticks?" Ellie asks, making both adults chuckle.

"Sure, baby." He pecks a kiss to her cheek and sets her down. "Now go brush your teeth, we gotta go soon."

Ellie skips off to the bathroom and Alice carries all three of their plates to the sink, starting to wash up the dirty dishes.

"Hope you don't mind I put you on the pickup list, I know I didn't ask but I figured since you're living here I'd probably ask you to pick her up eventually."

"It's no problem, don't worry. It ended up working out pretty well."

"Thanks again."

"Of course. It's not like I would leave her sitting there."

He smiles at her and the two of them stare at each other in awkward silence. "So um, would you-"

"Allie?" Ellie calls for her, effectively interrupting FP's oncoming sentence.

"I'm uh, gonna go see what she wants."

"Yeah, for sure, go ahead." He scratches the back of his neck.

She walks to the bathroom. "Hey sweetheart, what's up?"

"Can you do my hair pretty?"

"Yeah, of course." She takes the hairbrush and brushes through the girl's hair. "You want piggy braids or something else?"

"Something else, surprise me, Allie!"

"Okey dokey." She braids a couple strands of her hair and ties them behind her head.

"That looks super pretty! Like a princess!"

"Well you have a pretty skirt on, had to fit with the theme." Alice smiles at her. "Are your teeth all brushed?"

"Yeppers." She smiles wide to show off.

Alice laughs. "Alright, lets go out to Daddy, then."

___

"You guys know the name of a good lawyer?" FP asks Hermione and Fred.

"Why? You suing us or something?"

"Nah, I'm suing my bitch of a wife."

"Why what happened?" Fred questions. "I mean I know you're divorcing her but why are you suing her?"

"Because she was supposed to pick up Ellie from daycare yesterday and she never fucking showed."