56

Alice is snuggled up close to his side, looking so peaceful he really doesn't want to disturb her. He moves his arm as carefully as possible and tries to slip out of bed without waking her, but she wakes anyway, reaching blindly for his hand. "Where are you going? It's early." She groggily asks him.

"I'm going to get breakfast from Pop's." He answers and she nods sleepily, letting go of his hand. He chuckles and gets dressed, leaning over to brush a kiss to Alice's head after he does. "Ellie's still sleeping so you don't have to get up."

"Okay, see you later." She puckers her lips for a kiss which he happily gives her and then she snuggles into the pillows, falling back to sleep.

She isn't asleep for very long before the bed dips and she feels Ellie cuddle close to her. "Hi, Allie." She whispers.

"Hi sweetheart. Good morning." She curls her arm around the girl and presses a kiss to her cheek as she tries to wake herself up fully.

"Where's daddy?"

"He went to get breakfast."

"From Pop's?"

"I assume so."

"I love Pop's. Maybe he'll bring home milkshakes!"

"Milkshakes for breakfast?" Alice questions with a smile, Ellie nods, eyes gleaming. "Why don't we make some homemade milkshakes tonight for dessert? How does that sound?"

"We can make them from home?" Her eyes grow wide and Alice laughs.

"Mhm, and it's just as good as Pop's, plus we don't have to drive there to get them, we can just make them here and have them at home."

"I didn't know you could make milkshakes from home, you're smart Allie."

"You're smart too, munchkin." She bops the little girl on the nose, smiling when she giggles.

"Allie?"

"Yeah, honey?"

"Do you love my daddy?"

"Well-"

"Daddy loves you."

"Did he tell you that?"

"No but I can just tell because I love you too."

Her heart swells. "You love me?"

Ellie nods. "You're nice to me, and you give me hugs and kisses and you play with me. My real mommy doesn't even like to see me." She pouts a little and Alice pulls her onto her lap, giving her a hug.

"I know it's sad that your mommy doesn't see you anymore but she does love you, I'm sure of that."

"But doesn't want to see me, she didn't even come pick me up from daycare."

"I know that wasn't nice at all, but hey, you've got the best daddy in the whole entire world who loves you like crazy. And you've got me, and you know what?"

"What?" She looks up at her with big brown eyes that look so much like FP's.

"I love you too."

Ellie grins and throws her arms around her, pressing kisses all over her face. "You're the bestest Allie."

"You're the bestest." Alice corrects.

They hear the front door open and Ellie rushes to greet her dad. Alice laughs and follows after her, smiling at the sight of Ellie hugging FP's legs, two takeout bags occupying his arms.

She walks over and take the bags from him, he smirks at her and lifts Ellie up, following Alice into the kitchen.

"Allie said we can make milkshakes tonight for dessert!" Ellie excitedly tells him.

"She did? Well that's exciting, I can't wait." He sets her down on a chair. "I'll get your food for you, baby."

She stands up on the chair to watch him. "Pancakes?"

"And bacon."

"What about sausages?"

He holds up a box. "Got them for us to share kiddo." She grins and sits back down in her seat as she waits for her breakfast.

He plates Ellie's breakfast and then walks back over to the counter, wrapping his arms around Alice and pressing a kiss to her neck.

"Thank you for getting breakfast."

"No problem, I wasn't in the mood to cook and you seemed pretty content with just sleeping, so I figured this would be a much better choice."

She smiles and turns around to face him, his arms wrapping more securely around her. "Guess what?"

"What?"

"Ellie told me she loves me."

A big smile spreads on his lips and she swears she feels her heart skip a beat. "She did?" She nods. "That's something we have in common."

She looks up at him, did he just tell her he loves her? She's not entirely sure but she grins nonetheless and lifts up on her tippy toes to give him a kiss. "I-"

"Daddy, Allie, I'm bored by myself. Come eat with me."

"Sorry babygirl, we're just getting our food." He pecks a kiss to Alice's cheek and carries both of their plates to the table while Alice watches him in awe.