First Day (Part 2)

A/N - so I tried something that I'm gonna do with y'all too basically I'll be doing Q&A every ten chapters so if you have questions for any of the characters or about me or the story don't be afraid to ask in the comments or DM me love y'all💚

Alexander's POV

I've never been more stressed in my life. This is a nice break though. I've always liked history. John doesn't seem to though. He's doodling in his notebook. He leaned over and pushed his notebook toward me. It was a caricature of our teacher, Mr. Adams, at the bored drawing a dick. I snickered and giggled, causing him to smile. He went back to doodling at I paid attention to the lesson. When the bell rang I gathered my things and got up. "You're gonna fail like that ya know?" I smiled, John chuckled and looked at the caricature he drew.
   "Maybe I'll need a tutor then." I smiled and shifted.
   "So are you in art class?"
   "Nah. You can't go very far with art."
   "That's no way to-"
   "I've really gotta go. Sorry."
   "Oh...I didn't mean to-" just like that he was gone. I sighed and Laf appeared at the door. I hobbled into the hall and sighed. "I don't think John likes me."
   "Why would you say that?"
   "I don't know."
   "John's a complicated guy. He's got a lot going on."
   "I've got a lot going on! I've almost had a panic attack three times now! I hate school! I begged Jamie to just let me do online but he insisted that I got to public school." Laf sighed heavily and tossed his arm around my shoulder.
   "You're fine, Alex. You're freaking out over nothing. Just calm down." I sighed heavily and looked at the beautiful flower tattooed on my wrist. My soulmate must be an artist. Fun. I sat down in my last class of the day and huffed. My prosthetic was starting to itch and I groaned. I tried to ignore and focused on the lines being tattooed on my skin as my 'soulmate' doodled a turtle. I sighed and pushed my sleeve up. I paid attention to the lecture and it wasn't long before he assigned us homework. I scribbled 'eco' on my wrist as a reminder and the turtle suddenly stopped taking shape. I rolled my eyes and gathered my things as the bell rang. I found Laf talking to John and Herc out in front of the school.
   "Hey, guys."
   "Hey, Alex." Laf grinned. "Tell John he needs to live a little and come hang out with us." I laughed a bit and John groaned.
   "I can't. I'm sorry. Martha is going to a friends house and I can't leave James, Henry, and Mary home alone. Sorry."
   "How many sibling do you have?" I frowned.
   "Four." I nodded slowly and my phone buzzed. I dug it out of my back pocket and checked the text
Certified Dumbass😈
Sorry, Lion. I'm working late again. I can't come get you. Can you get a ride with Laf? I promise I'll make it up to you.

Me
Yeah. Sure. Don't worry about it.
   I sighed heavily and Laf frowned. "What's wrong?"
   "Do you think you could give me a ride home?" I mumbled.
   "Um...I don't know. I was gonna go to Herc's."
   "I'll take you." John chirped.
   "No!" Laf and I gasped at once, Herc and John jumped a bit and frowned.
   "I'll take you, Alex. Herc, I'll meet you there." Herc nodded and Laf and I headed to the car.
   "I'm sorry, Laf. I-"
   "It's ok. Don't worry about it." He smiled, when we got to the car I sat in the passenger seat with my legs out the side and started rolling up my pants as Laf covered me. I took off my prosthetic and shifted to the front. I pulled the door shut and Laf started the car. For the record, I can sit in cars it's just very fucking difficult and uncomfortable.

   When we got to my apartment building Laf helped me out and walked me to the door. I thanked him and wished him luck with Herc and he was on his way. I unlocked the door and fell into the bed, taking off the prosthetic again.
Me
Home safe

Certified Dumbass😈
Great! I'll bring home some McD try not to die

Me
I'll make an effort
   I smiled lightly and closed my phone, starting on homework. I took off my jacket and glanced at the flower. It was fading fast, like it was being washed off, and I frowned. Why would an artist want to dispose of their art so quickly? I sighed heavily and let it be, continuing homework.

   "Alex, wake up." I peeled my face off my history textbook and sat up. James grinned and dropped McDonald's on the table. I got up and started hopping to the table and James helped me. We sat down and started eating. "How was school?"
   "It was ok."
   "Laf helped you, right?"
   "Yeah. He introduced me to his friends too."
   "Do they know?"
   "Of course not!" James rolled his eyes and smiled.
   "You should tell them before they find out." I rolled my face and kicked him under the table. "What happens if you fall or get Phantom Pains or something?"
   "Laf will help."
   "Laf 's not always gonna be there."
   "I know. I just...I don't want people treating me differently that regular people."
   "Alex, you're not 'regular people'. I know you don't wanna hear that but I need you to understand that. I'm worried about you. I can't always be there for you and I swear to god if something happened I-..." he sighed and took a bite of his burger. "I just want you to be safe."
   "I'll tell someone by the end of the week."
   "Ok. I can get behind that."
   "How was work?" James shrugged and I sighed. "Same as always?"
   "Pretty much, yeah."
   "I'm sorry." We finished our food in sort of silence and I got really drowsy. I was exhausted from going up and down the stairs all day. James picked me up and I whined in protest.
   "Oh, shut up." He laid next down in the bed and I yawned.
   "I need an elevator key, Jamie." I yawned, rolling up in the blankets.
   "Ok. I'll talk to George. I promise. Get some sleep." James kissed my head and I closed my eyes, falling asleep.