The Dance

A/N - New word 'shiggles' meaning 'shits and giggles' source - my mother also all questions about this chapter will be answered on the Q&A after this one

John's POV

   "I'm just worried about him, Herc." I sighed, Herc rolled his eyes and fixed his tie. "I'm serious! What if he's bailing on me?" 
   "Bailing on you? Are you serious? You know how Laf is. He's just getting ready with him. The sisters'll take him to the dance." I sighed and brushed my hair up. I pulled it into a neat ponytail and tied a ribbon in it just for shiggles. Herc and I grabbed our coats and piled into my truck. I drove us there and we headed inside. He reserved ourselves a table and I sighed. I've never been one for school dances. Francis would always try to sneak away to a closet and do...unholy things. Herc and I messed around on our phones until he punched my arm and I looked up. Angelica, Eliza, and Laf enter the cafeteria and I frowned. Herc got up and fawned over his boyfriend. 
   "Laf, where's-" That's when he walked in. He was...beautiful. Gorgeous. His red curls bouncing on his shoulders and his green mask . He wore a beautiful green dress and I think I stopped breathing. He stopped a couple feet away from me and shifted. "Wow...You look...absolutely amazing, baby." Alex blushed and I took his hands in mine. 
   "You really think so?" 
   "Yeah. What? Did you think I was gonna pull an Andre?" Alex sighed and I kissed him gently. 
   "Maybe just a little bit." He sighed, I kissed him again and smiled. 
   "I love you."
   "I love you too." I kissed him again and again until he pushed me off and I grinned. "You're weird."
   "I know." I grinned. "Let's get you a seat." I sat him down and he smoothed out his skirt. "You are so so beautiful."
   "John, stop!" He whined, I chuckled and sat next to him. "You don't wanna dance?" He frowned.
   "Nah...School dances aren't really my thing." I hummed.
   "I've never been to one. What do we do now?" 
   "I don't know." I shrugged. "Around this time Francis is trying spike the punch." Alex giggled and grabbed my tie, yanking me into a kiss. 
   "I didn't wanna freak you out but I'm only ninety-five percent sure I saw Francis on the way in." He mumbled, I groaned and Alex bit his lip. "I'm sorry, babe. I wasn't gonna say anything but-" 
   "You did the right thing. If he comes anywhere near me he'll get arrested." Alex nodded and kissed me. 
   "I love you."
   "I love you more." Alex rolled his eyes and I smiled. "You're so sexy, baby." I purred.
   "JACK!" He slapped my arm and I giggled. "Shut up!" 
   "It's true." 
   "You're awful." He smiled, I chuckled and a slow song came on. I jumped up and towed Alex to the dance floor. "Jack! I can't dance!"
   "Neither can I." I smiled, taking his right hand in my left and putting my free hand on his hip. Alex sighed and put his hand on my shoulder. "This ain't so bad."
   "John? Your country is showing." Alex teased, I rolled my eyes and accidentally kicked his prosthetic. 
   "Shit! I'm sorry. baby." Alex sighed and I bit my lip. "I didn't-"
   "Relax, Jacky. I'm not gonna dumped you over kicking my non-existent leg." Alex grinned, I chuckled and he wobbled a bit. "I think you knocked it loose though." He sighed. "Pull up my skirt." I started to pull up his skirt and held his arm as he fixed his prosthetic. I fixed his skirt and put both my hands on his hips. He rested his hands on my shoulders and I smiled. 
   "You look so beautiful, baby." I hummed. "You look amazing in that dress." 
   "I was gonna wear a longer one but I didn't wanna trip." I chuckled and pulled him closer. We just hugged and swayed for the rest of the song. I held him close to me and refused to let him go when the song ended. "Jacky, it's over."
   "I don't care. You're mine." Alex giggled and I felt someone tap my shoulder. "Go away, Herc." I hummed, Alex stiffened and I frowned a bit.
   "You're cheating on me?" Francis...fuck.
   "No. We aren't dating." I hummed, still holding Alex who was now burrowed in my coat. 
   "How dare you, you little slut." He growled, I turned and glared at him. 
   "Francis, I'm not your fucking play thing. I found my soulmate and he loves me for me.  I love him. I never loved you and I never will. You're a dick and low key a rapist. Fuck off." I growled, Francis turned red and tried to hit me. I pushed Alex out of the way and punched Francis hard. Francis stumbled to the ground and I stood over him. "Come near me our my boyfriend ever again and I'll call the fucking cops." Francis got up and scrambled away. I turned to Alex and took his hands, hauling him up. "I'm sorry for pushing you, baby. I just didn't want you to get hurt." Alex smiled and kissed me deeply. I blushed and stared. "Wh-what was that for?" 
   "Marking my territory." 
   "You didn't have to do it like that." I mumbled, a little embarrassed. 
   "Would you rather me pee on you?" I rolled my eyes and kissed his nose. 
   "In the right setting, yes."
   "'IN THE RIGHT SETTING'!" Alex gasped, blushing and smacking my arm.
   "Yeah." I hummed nonchalantly. "Like if a jelly fish stings me then-"
   "I hate you." Alex rolled his eyes and I smiled.
   "I love you too." 

   Alex shivered as we walked to my truck and I set my coat on his shoulders. He smiled and I helped him into the truck. I took off his prosthetic and climbed into the driver's seat. He was kinda drowsy since this is usually the time that his medication wears off so I kissed his cheek and started driving to his place. When I got there I helped him out and kissed him goodnight. I leaned against the hood as he hobbled to the door and opened it. He immediately slammed it and ran over to me. By 'ran' I mean hopping/dragging his prosthetic and falling into my arms. "Baby, what's wrong?" I frowned.
   "Burn my eyes."
   "What?"
   "Burn my retinas!" I frowned and he huffed. "I saw parts of James and Evelyn I never want to see." 
   "Oh-...Why don't you spent the night at my place?" Alex nodded and I helped him back into the truck. Alex got a call from James and I heard frantic apologies and what not. 
   "I thought you weren't coming home 'til midnight! I'm so sorry, Al!" 
   "I got tired and John wanted to go home anyway." Alex muttered.
   "I'll wash the sheets! Evelyn's gonna go home in a couple minutes anyway. Um-"
   "I'm gonna spend the night at John's. You two can finish whatever you were doing." Alex mumbled. 
   "You sure?"
   "Yeah. I'm just a little shocked. I'm fine." Alex smiled.
   "Ok. Goodnight, Lion."
   "Goodnight, Jamie."