James Hamilton Jr.

A/N - I think y'all will like this chapter :) ASK QUESTIONS PLZ!!!

James' POV

   I woke with a start and huffed. Alex was passed out next to me and I yawned. I realized that a sound had woken me up and I moved to the window to see what it was. I moved the curtains and peered through the window. Water splattered against the window and I jumped. I'm not as traumatized as Alex but the rain does make me uneasy. I gasped as a rumble could be heard in the sky and a flash of light illuminated the room. I stumbled to my phone and quickly dialed the only number I could think that would help. It's not me I'm worried about. It's Alex. He gets night terrors normally but...storms make it worse. I can't imagine what he sees inside his mind but it's bad. He screams for me and mom and he gets awful phantom pains. 
   "Hello?" John's groggy voice asked.
   "John! Can you get here...like now?"
   "What? Why? Is Alex ok?"
   "He's fine for now. Just-"
   "For now? James, you're not making sense." 
   "Look outside!" I whisper-yelled, I heard rustling and John gasped. 
   "O-oh...I'll be over in a couple minutes." 
   "Hurry, please! Before he wakes up!" John hung up and I huffed, shivering at another low grumble of thunder. It felt like ages before there was a knock on the door. Alex had been stirring at almost every noise and I feared he'd wake up soon. I opened the door and stepped onto the landing. John stood soaking in the doorway and I huffed as the wind howled around us. "He hasn't woken up yet but when he does he's gonna be...different."
   "Different how?"
   "He's gonna be depressed and he say some pretty awful things. He'll be the way he was before we moved to America. He's gonna get a really bad phantom pain. Just try to snap him out of it." Thunder cracked loudly and I yelped. John ran straight to Alex who was sitting up in bed shrieking and sobbing. 
   "Jamie!" He sobbed.
   "Hey, baby. He's right there, ok?" John held Alex in his arms and rocked him back and forth. "Shhhh, Kitten. It's alright. I'm here." Alex started screaming and withering in pain. John kissed his head and shushed him gently. He lifted his leg and kissed the stump before kissing him on the lips. Alex calmed down and relaxed against John's chest. I smiled lightly, they're so sweet together. John really does love him and I'm elated for him. He's right and I know he is. I hate it when he's right. John glanced at me and I smirked. 
   "Record time." John rolled his eyes and Alex yelped when thunder rumbles. 
   "Shhhh, it's ok, baby girl. I'm here. I'm never letting you go." John cooed.
   "Jacky!" Alex sobbed, holding onto him. I grabbed a pillow and an extra blanket and tossed them on the floor. 
   "Oh, no. James, I-"
   "Nah, stay with him. He needs you." John nodded and I got comfortable. John's soaked shirt hit the floor and I sat up, glaring at him. John put his hands up and Alex wiped his eyes.
   "It was me, Jamie. He's all wet." He started pushing down John's sweatpants, I chuckled and John whispered something to Alex. "It's fine. Take em off." Alex sniffed, I laid back down and John gave in to Alex's pouting. They laid down and John held Alex almost as if he'd run away. I turned over and fell asleep.

   I got up early like usual and made those two love birds breakfast. Alex was the first to wake and he didn't move from his spot on John's chest. "Thank you." He whispered.
   "No problem." I smiled, Alex brushed John's hair out of the way and kissed his jaw since it was the only thing he could reach. I chuckled and John stirred, rolling over and taking Alex with him. Alex started giggling and John pinned him to the bed. "Hey, hey! Cool it you two!" I called as Alex giggled under the boy. I served breakfast and John carried him to the table. They ate and laughed as I got ready for work and I smiled lightly. "Don't be late for school, Alex!" I kissed his head and I nodded. 
   "I won't!" He smiled, I chuckled and glared at John. 
   "No fucking either!" I grinned, John turned redder than red and Alex threw a pillow at me. I sprinted out the door and jumped in my car. 

   "H-Hey, Evelyn." I stammered, hanging up my coat. 
   "Oh! Hey, James!" She smiled, looking up. "There's a couple messages for you. Oh! And your brother wants you to answer your phone. He was very adamant about that." She smiled.
   "O-oh. Yeah. Thanks." I started to walk away but I felt stupid so I turned back around. "Hey, Evelyn?"
   "Yeah?" I bit my lip and shifted. She had her cropped golden hair pinned back today and a nice winged eyeliner over her beautiful hazel eyes. She wore a cute light green sweater and black pencil skirt. "James?" 
   "What?"
   "You kinda froze up."
   "Oh...I was just wondering what you're doing this evening?" 
   "Nothing, actually."
   "Do you maybe wanna grab some dinner tonight? Just the two of us?" Evelyn blushed a bit and smiled. 
   "S-sure. I'd love too." She beamed, I smiled and tapped her desk before heading to my office. I shut the door and grabbed my phone. I called Alex and he picked up fast. 
   "WELL?" He practically yelled.
   "I'm taking her to dinner tonight." I reported. 
   "YES!" I heard him frantically tell John and he laughed. "Ok! I have to go!" He hung up and I chuckled. 

   "So...your brother seems...eccentric." Evelyn chuckled, taking a sip of her soda.
   "Yeah-uh-you could say that." I chuckled. "Listen-um-I'm sorry I couldn't take you somewhere nicer. I-"
   "Fuck nicer." She hummed, stuffing a fry in her mouth. 
   "You remind of my brother." I laughed.
   "Is that a bad thing?" She giggled.
   "Not at all." I smiled. 
   "So. You two are close, huh?" 
   "Yeah, we're the last things we have left so..." Evelyn smiled sympathetically and I huffed. "Sorry, I didn't mean to-"
   "No...It's sweet how much you care about him." I smiled and she shifted. "He has a limp right?" 
   "Yeah-um-We got caught in a hurricane a couple years back and his leg needed to be amputated." I sighed.
   "Oh...wow."
   "Sorry, I'm over sharing." I huffed. "I'm just...really nervous." Evelyn smiled and I sighed. "I just haven't been on a date for a very long time." 
   "Cute." She smiled, we talked all night and I drove her home. I walked her to the door and she paused. "Um-...I had fun tonight." 
   "So did I...Do you maybe wanna do this again?" 
   "Wow...you really haven't been on a date in ages." She laughed, she grabbed my collar and pulled me down. Our lips met and I felt my stomach flip over, fireworks erupting as well. She pulled away and stared up at me. "You're my-..."
   "I-I guess so." I stammered.
   "You better call me, James Hamilton." 
   "Junior." I added with a smirked, she smiled and slipped into her house.