Groceries

A/N - I have almost twenty questions XD thanks y'all!!!

Alexander's POV

   I watched John drive off and smiled lightly. He was sweet to me and he never asked questions. I shook my head and huffed. No...He doesn't like me like that. No one really does. It's all a lie. I don't have a soulmate and I don't want one. It was a mistake to think I had one before and it would be a mistake now. I sighed and sat down on the bed. I pulled my prosthetic off and laid back. I closed my eyes and huffed. I sat up and hopped to the fridge. I got a root beer and hopped to the pantry. I got a bag off chips and set those items on the nightstand. I got into some pjs and snuggled up in the blankets. I flipped through channels until I found a Harry Potter marathon and I settled on that. 

   "Alex?" James called, I looked up and he handed me a bag Chinese takeout. "Whatcha watchin'?" 
   "Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix."
   "Ooh! Scoot over." He got in bed with me and I leaned against his shoulder. "How was the movies with John?"
   "Great. We watched a scary movie." 
   "Oh really? Did you get scared?"
   "Yeah." 
   "What'd you do?" James grinned.
   "I let John help." James grinned wider and I frowned. "What?"
   "Nothing."
   "Whatever...We saw Andre."
   "What happened?" James asked slowly. 
   "He called me a slut because he thought John and I were on a date." 
   "What! What'd you say?"
   "Nothing. I froze. John took care of it."
   "That was nice of him." I nodded and James wrapped an arm across my shoulders. "He's a sweet kid."
   "Mhm."
   "Maybe you should-"
   "Stop it, Jamie. He doesn't like me like that. Besides I don't have a soulmate." James opened his mouth to protest but decided against it. We settled down and watched the whole marathon. 

   I woke up to my phone ringing and yawned. I answered it and rubbed my eyes. "Hey!" I heard John chirp, I rubbed my eyes and whined a bit. 
   "Hey."
   "What? Are you tired?" John teased.
   "James and I were up all night watching Harry Potter." I yawned.
   "An excellent way to spend the night." John chuckled.
   "James?" I called, no answer. "Gimme a second, John." 
   "One." 
   "I hate you." I found a note on the table and smiled. "Ok, I'm back. What's up?"
   "I'm hiding."
   "From who?" I giggled, picking up the phone and finding John sitting in his truck. 
   "Martha..."
   "Dork. What's she doing?" 
   "Insisting that I find my soulmate." 
   "You know who it is?" 
   "Pretty sure." He mumbled, I felt a pang of jealousy and I glanced down. 
   "Why don't you just go get them?"
   "I don't know if he wants me." John sighed, I nodded slowly and smiled a bit. 
   "Who wouldn't want you?" I grinned, John blushed a bit and smiled. 
   "Thanks, Alex." I smiled and John looked over. "Hey, I can come get you. We can go somewhere or something if you want."
   "Oh...um-"
   "It's ok if you don't want too."
   "Where would we go?" 
   "I don't know. The grocery store?" John mumbled.
   "The grocery store?" I giggled, John rolled his eyes and huffed.
   "I don't know. That's the first place I thought of." 
   "I'd love to go to the grocery store with you." I giggled, John chuckled and started his truck. 
   "I'll be there in ten." I blushed and smiled.
   "See ya soon." I ended the call and frantically hoped to the closet, pulling on a pair of back jeans. I pulled the leg up and jammed my prosthetic on, strapping the Velcro like a mad man. I grabbed a sweater and tugged my curly red hair into a high bun. I didn't feel like concealing my eye bags and pushed my large circle glasses on my face. I only need them for reading so I can generally get away without them. There was a knock on the door and I took one last look in the mirror, deciding I looked fine. I opened the door and John smiled. "Hey." I smiled, John just stared and I bit my lip. "What?"
   "Nothing!" A blush spread across John's cheeks and he shifted. "You just look really pretty."
   "Shut up." I mumbled closing  and locking the door behind me. 
   "You asked!" John defended, I rolled my eyes and John helped me climb into his truck. 

   "Grab a basket." John hummed, I frowned and grabbed a basket. We browsed the aisles quietly and John went straight for the frozen food aisle. He put a bag of frozen dinosaur nuggets in the cart and I giggled. "What?"
   "Nuggets?"
   "You know how James is." I giggled again and John pushed one. "What's your favorite candy?"
   "Hershey special dark chocolate." I shrugged. "Why?" We went to the candy aisle and John dumped four full Hershey bars of special dark chocolate. "John, I don't have money." I mumbled.
   "Did I say you needed any?" I blushed and John smiled.
   "John, I don't-" He stared at me and I huffed. "You're stubborn." 
   "You are correct." John grinned, dumping KitKats into the basket. I giggled and John smiled. "Is there anything you and James need?" 
   "John, I'm not going to take your mo-"
   "Alex...I have a trust fund...seriously. If you and James need anything just ask." 
   "I can't ask you to do that, John. It's not fair to you and it's not fair to James." I mumbled, John nodded and pressed on. I followed closely and sighed. "You have to understand. James-"
   "You don't have to explain yourself to me. It's ok." John smiled, I blushed and we continued on through the store. 
   "So...Who's ex are we gonna run into today?" 
   "Dear god, not Francis." 
   "Dear god, not Andre." John laughed and I giggled. "You know what's ridiculous?"
   "What?" John hummed.
   "My ex's name is John and my best friend's name is John." John came to a full stop and looked at me like I betrayed him. 
   "You're breaking up with me?" I started laughing and John huffed. "After all we've been through? I can't believe you! I never wanna see you again!" He stormed off and I waddled after him in a fit of laughter. John smiled and side hugged me. "I'm glad we're friends, Alex."
   "I'm glad we're friends too, John."