I Do

A/N - I'm still alive YEET

John's POV

   I helped Alex out of the car and he kissed my cheek. With each step towards the door my hands started to shake more so I stuffed them in my coat pockets. Alex sighed and stopped me. "It's gonna be ok." He assured, fiddling with my bracelet. I kissed him and huffed. We entered the house and I was showered in hugs and kisses from Gram. I chuckled dryly and Alex stifled a laugh.
   "You must be Alex." She smiled. "Very nice to meet you." I let out a breath and Alex and I headed into the house. My hands were shaking so bad I couldn't stop them. Alex and I sat out on the back deck and he tried to calm me down. I laid back in my chair and closed my eyes as Alex hummed, running his fingers through me hair. It was calming and nice. 
   "What kind of flowers?" I asked suddenly.
   "What?" 
   "For our wedding. What kind of flowers?" I grinned, Alex rolled his eyes and sighed. 
   "In the far future..." He thought for a minute and smiled. "Peonies...pink or white." He giggled, I grinned and kissed his hand. 
   "I think that's a wonderful idea." I grinned. 
   "I was thinking about it..." Alex mumbled.
   "About what?" 
   "Marrying you." He sighed. "James is gonna propose to Evelyn soon and...He's right. You're right. My father is just a dick and that's all he'll ever been. I want to marry you, John." I grinned and he chuckled. "Don't get too excited. We're in high school and we need to focus on college. Got it?" 
   "Damn...fine." Alex snorted and I kissed him. "I love being alone with you." I was about to kiss him again when the door opened and we jumped apart. 
   "You two are lucky it's just me." Martha smirked, I huffed and Alex smiled. "It's time for food." 
   "Oh boy." I sighed, helping Alex up and having him go first. We stood around the table and I gave Alex a look. He nodded and smiled. Martha and I joined hands and I entwined my fingers with Alex's, listening to Gramps' prayer. I helped Alex get his plate and we sat down near the end of the table. Martha and my siblings were at the kid's table while Alex and I were at the adult's table. With each second that passed I was getting antsy and ready to chicken out. Alex was rubbing my thigh under the table and soon it was time to give thanks. There's a tradition in my dad's family where we go around the table and say what we're thankful for. Gramps started it off and they went around the table. I zoned out, mentally preparing myself, and soon I heard my name.
   "John?" 
   "Huh? Oh! Sorry!" I stood up and wiped the sweat off my palms. "I-uh-..." Alex smiled at me and I huffed. "I'm thankful for my family and friends. But most importantly, I'm thankful for my soulmate...Alex." I gestured to the gorgeous boy sitting next to me and he blushed. 
   "Congratulations. She's very pretty." Gram smiled. 
   "He." I corrected shakily. 
   "He?" Gramps frowned, I nodded and he stood up. "You're a fag?" 
   "Dad!" My father gasped.
   "Honey, what's gotten into you?" Gram asked.
   "Nothing...I'm fine." 
   "Get out." Gramps huffed, tears welled in my eyes and my dad turned red with anger. "Take your fag and get the hell out of my house!" Gramps yelled, I flinched and my dad shot out of his seat. 
   "Dad!" He growled. "Alex, take John out back." Alex grabbed my hand as my dad started to reprimand Gramps and pushed me out of the house. The tears fell freely and Alex kissed me. 
   "John?" I hugged him tightly and sobbed into his shoulder. "Oh, Jack. It's ok." He cooed.
   "Wear a dress." I managed.
   "What? I am, baby." 
   "At our wedding. Wear a dress. Whatever you want, baby. I'll get it." 
   "Ok, ok. I love you, John." That's when we heard yelling. My father was yelling. 
   "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT IT THEN WHY ARE THEY SOULMATES?" Gramps said something and I pulled Alex close to me. "HE IS MY SON AND I LOVE HIM! IF HE'S IN LOVE WITH THAT BOY THEN SO BE IT! I'VE NEVER SEEN MY SON HAPPIER IN HIS LIFE!" I let out a sob and Alex sat me on the bench. 
   "I love you, baby." He whispered, brushing a few loose strands of hair out of my face and kissing me. 
   "I love you so much, Alex." 

   My dad booked a flight for the morning, he's really mad at Gramps for the things he said. I haven't really stopped crying. It's just a few minutes of calm before I remember and start crying again. I never thought it would be this bad but Alex is right by my side. We're eating an entire gallon of mint chocolate ice cream, his prosthetic is discarded in the corner along with most of our clothes. We are cuddling watching The Lorax in nothing but our boxers. No socks... All the homo. Suck it, Gramps. Tears welled in my eyes and Alex stroked my hair. "Was it this bad when you came out?" 
   "No...Other than the fact that my mom was dead the next morning it went well." He chuckled lightly and I kissed him. 
   "I'm sorry. I love you." 
   "I love you too." 
   "I can't wait to marry you." 
   "Wait!" He got up and hopped over to his back, retrieving the ring pop I gave him earlier. I laughed and he started sucking on it.
   "I do." I hummed, leaning in for a kiss. 
   "I do."