Tryouts

A/N - Howdy!!! My children are growing! If you submitted Anita please DM me or comment so I can follow you!

Alexander's POV

   John rolled over, taking me with him, and I yawned. I kissed his cheek and smiled. I glanced at the clock and sighed. "Jacky, wake up." I cooed, tracing a line down his bare chest and kissing his jaw. We didn't do anything last night. I was just embarrassed that I had to sleep in boxers so John gave me the t-shirt he was gonna wear to bed. He said he didn't like wearing t-shirts to bed anyway because they always twist around him so he didn't wear one. That was ok with me. He whined and pulled me closer. "Wake up!"
   "But what if I don't want too?" He yawned.
   "I'll hit you with my prosthetic."
   "Fine, I'm up." John sighed, sitting up and kissing me gently. 
   "Haha! I've done it!" I cheered, John chuckled and pulled me into his lap. He rubbed my thigh and I leaned against him, closing my eyes. "Mahal kita." John pulled away and frowned at me. 
   "Someone wanted me to say that to you. I'm pretty sure it means 'I love you' in Filipino." John chuckled and kissed me gently. 
   "I love you too." He hummed, brushing my wild curls back. There was a knock on the door and John kissed me quick. "What?"
   "Breakfast, Jack." John got up and threw on a t-shirt, making sure he was actually wearing shorts. He helped me into some of his sweatpants and insisted on carrying me downstairs. He sat me in the one chair that is always empty at the Laurens table. His mother's chair. 
   "Um-...John-" I started, tugging on his sleeve. 
   "Relax, Alex." Henry smiled. "It's about time someone filled that chair." He smiled, I blushed a bit and John sat next to me. Mary babbled and pointed at me. 
   "He has no leg." She giggled, everyone stopped and stared. 
   "Mary!" Henry scolded. "We never say that! Do you understand me!" 
   "It's ok!" I chuckled. "It's fine! She's only two!"
   "How did you loose your leg?" Henry Jr. asked, John looked like he might choke him out and I just smiled. 
   "There was a hurricane where I lived a couple years ago and I got banged up pretty bad." I hummed. 
   "Is that why John had to leave when it was raining?" James asked.
   "Yeah...I get scared when it rains and John came to help." I smiled, John squeezed my hand under the table and we started eating. John finished early so he could run upstairs and get changed. He came whizzing through the kitchen, pulling on his cleats and hugging his family goodbye. 
   "We'll get some lunch after tryouts. Ok, baby?"
   "Sounds fun." I smiled. 
   "I love you."
   "I love you too." I smiled, John kissed me goodbye and hurried out the door. I finished eating and Martha and Henry Sr. helped me up the stairs. I put my prosthetic on and grabbed my dress and shoes. Henry and I were going to watch John tryout so Henry drove me home real quick to get changed. James and Evelyn were asleep in the bed and the bed was dressed in our back up sheets. I smiled and Evelyn stirred. She jumped a bit and smiled. 
   "Morning, Alexander." She smiled.
   "Hey, I just need to change real quick. Can you just tell him I'm ok when he wakes up?" 
   "Yeah, sure. Are you ok?" I frowned and she chuckled a bit. "With last night and-"
   "Oh! Yeah...Um-...I'm fine." I smiled. "I just...freaked myself out. Um-...I only saw James! I didn't see...you. Um-" Evelyn smiled and huffed. "I'm just gonna change in the bathroom." I grabbed a change of clothes and quickly changed before hurrying back outside. I hurried back out to Henry's car and got in.

   I stood next to the dugout and John hurried over to me. "Hey, baby!" He smiled. "How'd you get here?"
   "Your dad and I came to watch. Cheer you on." I smiled.
   "He came?" John frowned, looking over.
   "Yeah. It was all his idea too." I grinned, John smiled brightly and shifted. "You should get going." He nodded and I grinned.
   "Good luck!" I grinned.
   "Thanks, baby." I sat next to Henry and he handed me a box of popcorn. 
   "Oh, thank you but it wasn't necessary." 
   "Don't worry about it." We watched them run drills and John stepped up to the mound to pitch to the coach. Another coach stood a bit away with a speed gun aimed at John. I munched on my popcorn and Henry sat on the edge of his seat. I frowned at him and he smiled. "John's a great pitcher but he's a little out of practice." He explained. "It's my fault. When his Eleanor, my wife, died I shut myself away. I should've been there for him...I'm glad he has you now." I smiled and shifted. 
   "I know how hard it can be to loose someone." I sighed.
   "Loose someone?" Henry frowned.
   "My mom and my dad."
   "What happened, if you don't mind me asking?" 
   "My dad left us when I was ten."
   "My god. That's awful." I nodded and sighed.
   "When I was twelve mom and I really sick and she died." Henry leaned over and hugged me. I smiled and we watched John pitch. The coached seemed to like what they were seeing and John caught me eye. He grinned and winked before pitching again. When tryouts were over I hurried to the dugout and the other players made jokes and shit on me but I didn't care. John came out of the dugout and I jumped on him, kissing him deeply. He grinned and put his hands on my hips. 
   "I love you, baby girl."
   "I love you too, babe." 

   We're doing the cheesiest thing on Earth. We are sharing a milkshake with two straws. It was John's idea. We're sitting cuddled up in the booth and John is playing with my red curls. I never want this moment to end. Why was I so scared of committing to him? 
   "John!" Of course...