Conversations

A/N - This is speaking French. This is English. Truly a concept.

John's POV

   Laf pushed me away from the cafeteria and into the courtyard. I frowned and Alex looked like he might faint. "What's going on?" I frowned, Alex turned red and Laf cleared his throat.
   "Nothing, mon ami." He assured, I raised an eyebrow and Laf looked away. He leaned against Herc and I looked at Alex for an explanation.  
   "Please don't ask?" Alex whispered.
   "Ok...You can tell me anything, Alex." Alex bit his lip and looked away. I dropped the subject and sighed. I noticed that all Alex had for lunch was a candy bar I had bought him so I split my sandwich in half and offered it to him. He looked up at me and I smiled calmly. He slowly took it and I chomped on my half. Alex giggled a little bit and started on his half. Let me be extremely clear about something.

I AM IN LOVE WITH ALEXANDER HAMILTON

   Ok...Now that's out of the way. Laf and Alex started speaking in French and I looked at Herc. He just shrugged and I chuckled. "I'm not telling him!" Alex hissed.
   "He's gonna find out either way!" Herc and I looked between them and Alex huffed. 
   "I can't tell him. Not after Andre." Alex mumbled, Laf huffed and folded his arm.
   "The whole school knows! You need to tell him before he finds out!"
   "I can't! I'm tired of loosing people! He's my best friend! I can't take that risk!"
   "John is kind! He's not gonna be a dick! Besides! You like him! Stop running from him!
   "What?" I frowned, hearing my name heavily accented. 
   "Nothing." Laf muttered. 
   "I do not like John!" My face heated up hearing Alex say my name and speaking French. Laf rolled his eyes and dropped the subject.
   "O...k?" I mumbled, Alex got up and hobbled off angrily. "What was that?"
   "Nothing." Laf grumbled, I got up and Laf sat forward. "John-"
   "Don't try to stop me, Laf!" I went after Alex and found him in the bathroom. He was leaning against the wall glaring at his phone and wiping his eyes. "Hey." I smiled, leaning against the wall next to him. 
   "Go away." He mumbled.
   "No...I'm not gonna go away. What's going on with you?"
   "Wh-What do you mean?" He stammered.
   "I mean you're being secretive. What's the matter? You can talk to me, Alex. I'm your friend." I was practically screaming 'I love you' in my head. 
   "It's nothing..." He mumbled, I sighed and pulled him into a hug. "John-"
   "Just listen." I hummed, he relaxed into me and laid his head on my chest. "I can't help you if you don't talk to me. I thought we were best friends? Please don't keep me in the dark. I want to help you. I want to be there for you. Please talk to me. Tell me whats going on with you." 
   "I can't." He whispered.
   "Why? What do you think will happen?"
   "I-I don't know. I don't want a repeat of-"
   "Hey...Don't even go there. Andre was an asshole and a dick. No one should ever be treated like that. You are not a freak...You're an amazing person." I brushed his hair back and he huffed.
   "I can't tell you." He sniffed, I sighed and hugged him tightly. 
   "I promise you can. I won't push you. Tell me when you're ready." Alex nodded slowly and I slowly let him go. 
   "We should...go-"
   "Yeah..."

   "Hey, dad?" He looked up from his newspaper and I sat next to him. "You wanted to talk to me?"
   "Yeah...John..."
   "If you're about to give me another sex talk please stop." Dad chuckled and sighed.
   "Busted...I just want you to be safe. Also...Have you heard from Francis?"
   "No and it's starting to scare me." I sighed, my dad hugged me and sighed. "If I text him he'll think I'm interested and if I don't he'll just pop up." 
   "I didn't want to tell you until I knew for sure but..." I frowned and dad sighed. "I'm working on getting a restraining order. He won't be able to come within fifty feet of you." 
   "Thanks, dad." I smiled, he grinned and I shifted. "Um...I actually wanted to talk to you."
   "Sure thing." He smiled.
   "It's about the business..." My dad frowned and I shifted. "I-um-I don't want to-" I stopped myself and my dad sighed. 
   "I had a feeling you didn't wanna take over." I looked up at him and he smiled. "It's your choice. I won't force you too." 
   "Thank you..."
   "So what do you wanna do?" 
   "I-I don't know. I was thinking artist..." I trailed off and my dad cocked his head to the side. 
   "Are you any good?" 
   "I-I don't know. I have some sketches and a couple paintings but I-"
   "Can I see some?" I bit my lip and sighed, getting up. I fished my sketchbook out of it's hiding place and sat back on the couch. I handed him the book and he flipped through, pausing on the sketch of Alex. I blushed and my dad smiled. "Wow, Jack. These are really good. Alex is very lucky."
   "W-Why?"
   "He probably gets all kinds of drawings." He grinned.
   "Yeah..." 
   "You know King's College has an excellent art program."
   "R-Really?" 
   "Yeah...I'm friends with one of the-"
   "Dad...I-...I wanna get in on merit." I mumbled, my dad simply smiled and closed the sketchbook.
   "Of course."
   "Thanks, dad."