Little Lies

A/N - HI I'M BACK FROM THE GRAVE Y'ALL

John's POV

   "Hey, Pickles." Alex pushed himself off my chest and stared at the phone. 
   "Um...Hey, Francis. Where you been?" I sat up and Alex covered his mouth. 
   "Dad dragged me back to South Carolina for a bit but don't worry. I'm back." Alex's eyes widened and I bit my lip. 
   "Cool."
   "So...let me take you out?"
   "Yeah, that sounds fun." I lied, Alex whimpered and I sighed. "Hey, Francis. I-uh-gotta go." I hummed.
   "Whatever, bye." Francis hung up and Alex sat on the edge of the bed. 
   "Alex?" He sniffed and I sighed. "Baby, come on. You know I love you." I crawled over to him and he looked up. 
   "I know but...What's gonna happen to us?" I sighed and Alex wiped his eyes. "This is part of the reason I didn't wanna be with you. It would make it easier to just-..." He trailed off and I wrapped an arm around his shoulders.
   "My dad is filing a restraining order. Remember?" Alex leaned into me and I kissed his head gently. "I love you, Kitten." I blushed and Alex looked up at me. "Um-...I mean-"
   "It's cute." He smiled, I chuckled and kissed him gently. "So...In the meantime?"
   "Well...I'm definitely not breaking up with you. I guess we just...Lay low. Francis doesn't know and until dad gets the restraining order he can't. Ok?" 
   "Ok..."
   "Are you free after school on Monday?" I asked sheepishly.
   "N-no. Um-...I'm helping James move his stuff into his office." He gushed, my heart sank.
   "Oh...ok."
   "Why?"
   "No reason. I was just...wondering." I lied. My birthday is on Monday...Mom used to bake me a cake and we'd go see a movie just me and her. It was the one time I got to spend time with her, just us. I miss it...This is my first birthday without her. I wanted to spend it with Alex but...I guess not. I looked at the time and sighed. "I should get going." 
   "Ok." Alex smiled and got up with me. He kissed me goodbye and I left. 

   I sighed and set down my video game controller. I was bored. Sundays are always boring. Martha's at a friends house and Alex isn't answering my texts. I wonder what he's doing. As if on cue my phone buzzed and I frowned. I picked it up and read the text Alex sent. 
LOVEOFMYLIFE<3
Sry! I was helping Peggy find her soulmate!!!

Me
Oh did you find them???

LOVEOFMYLIFE<3
No

Me
That sucks

LOVEOFMYLIFE<3
I can come over if you want???

Me
YES PLEASE

Me
IM DYING

LOVEOFMYLIFE<3
Ok XD I'm on the way silly

I grinned and grabbed my game controller. I started playing again and my dad came in the room a few minutes later. "Your boyfriend's here." He smiled, I rolled my eyes and he chuckled. "What? I like saying it!" He disappeared and I skipped downstairs. Alex looked up from listening to James ramble on about something random and smiled. I love it when he smiles. I grabbed a butt load of snacks and Alex and started running upstairs. 
   "Jack! Slow down!" He giggled, I chuckled and helped him up the rest of the way. 
   "Sorry, baby." Alex smiled and pressed a kiss on my lips.
   "You're cute." We settled down on the beanbags in the game room and Alex leaned against me. I started playing my game again and Alex munched on Doritos. I love my baby. Alex sat in my lap and laid his head against my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my controller on his right thigh, his bag of chips on the other thigh. He fed me chips when I asked with a giggle and watched me play. He's not big on video games but I like to play. I used to play Crash Bandicoot with my mom, she'd always clear the levels I couldn't. "Are you sure you're busy tomorrow?" I pressed.
   "Yeah. Jamie begged me to help him. Why, Jack? Do you need me to baby sit or something?" 
   "No..."
   "Jacky, is there something you're not telling me?" I shifted a bit and Alex paused my game. 
   "No..." Alex draped his arms on my shoulders and smiled. "Yes, I-"
   "It's your birthday tomorrow." Alex hummed, my eyes widened a bit and I sighed. 
   "Peggy?"
   "You had to know she was gonna say something." He smiled, I sighed and he brushed a loose strand of hair behind my ear. "Why didn't you tell me? Why did I have to hear from Peggy threatening to cut off my leg?" I snorted and huffed. 
   "I just...I don't know. Francis always shit on me on my birthday and-"
   "John, you know I'd never do anything like that." I sighed again and Alex lifted my chin. "You are cute but a mess." I nodded in agreement and smiled. 
   "I love you."
   "I know." Alex sighed, kissing me gently. 
   "So-..."
   "I'm still helping James but maybe we can do something on Tuesday?" He asked hopefully.
   "Maybe..." I smiled lightly as Alex laid back down and kissed the top of his head. "I love you, baby girl." I cooed, hugging him tightly and making him giggle.