Bad News

A/N - HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!! *fireworks*

John's POV

    James and Evelyn piled into the back seat and Alex grinned. "How was California?" 
   "Pretty good." He grinned. "We need to talk later." Alex frowned and glanced at me as I pulled out. 
   "What, Jamie?" 
   "Later, Al." Alex nodded and started fiddling with his necklace. I sighed and James bit his lip. When I arrived at the apartment complex and James and Evelyn got out. 
   "I'll be out in a sec, Jamie." Alex smiled, James nodded and headed into the apartment.
   "I'm sure it's nothing, baby." Alex shifted and kissed me. 
   "I'm sure you're right. I'll call you." 
   "Ok. I love you." 
   "Love you too." He put his prosthetic on and hopped out, coming around to my window. I rolled it down and he grinned. "I love you, John." He smiled.
   "I love you too, Alex." I smiled, kissing him. He smiled and turned the windshield wipers on. "Why?" 
   "Now you'll remember me when you turn on your wipers."
   "Thank you for that." I chuckled, he giggled and I made the wiper fluid spray out. 
   "Ah! Hey!" I laughed and he pouted. 
   "I love you." 
   "I love you too." 
   "I'll see you tomorrow."
   "See ya, Jacky." 

   My phone started buzzing and I yawned, looking away from my sketchbook. I picked up my phone and answered the call. Alex face popped up and I rubbed my eyes. Tears streamed down his face and I sat up. "Baby, what's wrong?" 
   "We're g-getting evicted!" He choked out. 
   "I'm coming over." 
   "John-"
   "I'm not letting you cry, baby." I grabbed my baseball hoodie and my sketchbook. "Hang tight, Baby girl."
   "Can we get ice cream?"
   "Yes, we can. We can get as many snacks as you want." 
   "Ok..."
   "I'll see you soon, love." 
   "Ok." I grabbed a bunch of blankets and pillows and sprinted downstairs. My dad was in his study and he frowned as I grabbed my keys. 
   "Alex is freaking out. Can I-"
   "By all means. I used to sneak out to see your mother all the time." I grinned and hugged him before sprinting out to my truck. I shoved the blankets and pillows in the back seat and sped off to Alex's place. 
   When I got there I knocked on the door and the door opened. James let me in and I rushed to Alex who was holding a pillow with Evelyn trying to console him as the rivers flowed. The second he saw me he abandoned the pillow and latched onto my torso. His prosthetic was leaning in the corner and his hair was spiraling down to his shoulders. "Jamie has to go into my college fund and-and-"
   "Calm down. Calm down. It's ok. I've got you." I cooed as he shifted his weight. "We''l figure it out. Remember? We always figure it out. We help each other. Right?"
   "Mhm." He sniffed, Evelyn smiled warmly and James huffed. 
   "I'm sorry, Alex. I tried. I really tired." He broke down in tears and Evelyn hugged him. 
   "We have jobs still. I'll get another job. We can fix this." She assured him. Now both Hamiltons were crying and Evelyn and I shared a worried glance. 
   "Come on. Let's get you that ice cream." He grabbed his crutches and I picked him up. I sat him in the car and started driving. 
   "I'm never gonna go to college!" He wailed, I sighed and turned off the radio. 
   "Don't say that, baby. You got a perfect score. Colleges want you. Remember all those letters you got?" He nodded and I grabbed his hand. "I'll help you apply for scholarships. We can do this." 
   "Jamie said we might have to move in with George." 
   "That's not so bad, baby." 
   "I guess." He sighed, I smiled and parked. I leaned over and kissed him. 
   "And you always have me and my ridiculous trust fund." Alex snorted and I chuckled. 
   "Yes, I do." He smiled, kissing me again. I helped him out and we headed into the store. I bought Alex a pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream, special dark chocolate, and a family bag of cool ranch doritos. I bought myself a pint of ice cream and a small bag of sour cream and onion chips. I paid and we climbed into the back seat. I made sure the A/C was on so we would get too hot and plugged my phone into the aux. We curled up together and ate, taking turns playing songs. I put on I Can't Help Falling and Alex smiled, snuggling into me. "Oh boy, did I try." He smirked.
   "Yeah, but ultimately you fell."
   "I did." He grinned, kissing me. "Thank you for always being here for me." 
   "I told you I would always be here for you, baby." Alex smiled, he laid his head on my shoulder and I kissed the top of his head. "I love you, Alex." 
   "I love you, John."