FaceTime

A/N - wow no one's asking about 'freak'?...shocker :)

Alexander's POV

   "James! Deal with it!" John yelled. "No dinos!" 
   "I! Want! Dinos!"
   "Do I have to call dad? James, I swear-"
   "John, shut up!" Henry yelled angrily. 
   "Everyone shut up!" All five Laurens' looked at me and I huffed. "James, we don't have dino nuggets. You'll just have to wait until your dad goes shopping.  Henry, your brother is trying his best and you need to try to-"
   "Why should I? He's trying to replace her." 
   "Henry, I lost my mom when I was your age too and I didn't have a father to depend on. All I had was my brother and we got closer. Just cut him a little slack. He's dealing with a lot." I smiled. "John, yelling will get you nothing." John sighed and bounced Mary a bit. "Here. Give her to me." John handed me the little girl and I let her play with my curls. The front door opened and a girl walked in. John seemed relieved and hugged her tightly. 
   "Sorry. I forgot to text you. I'm sorry." She smiled.
   "You scared the shit out of me, Mari." The ended their hug and Martha noticed me. 
   "You must be Alex." She smiled.
   "How'd you know?" I grinned.
   "Well, Mary isn't screaming and you look like the picture John dre-" John smacked her arm and I chuckled. "What?"
   "I thought we agreed you wouldn't say anything about it." John grumbled, folding his arm. 
   "Oh yeah...oops." Martha grinned, John rolled his eyes and sighed. 
   "Hey, Alex. Let's wash that thing off your arm." I nodded and sat Mary on the couch. John took me to the bathroom upstairs and I sighed as John turned on the water. He pulled up my sleeve and I stared at the letters on my arm. John glanced at me and opened his mouth to say something but sighed heavily. 
   "I'm never dating again." I breathed, John gave me a sympathetic look and smiled sadly. 
   "Don't say that, Alex. You deserve to be happy." I looked up at John and he smiled down at me. 
   "Andre was right."
   "What?"
   "I don't have a soulmate."
   "Stop saying that."
   "Why?" I spat.
   "Because it's not true and you know it. You're just upset." I sighed and John started washing the letters off. 
   "I'm a freak." I whispered tearfully.
   "Shut the fuck up." John growled angrily, he huffed and scrubbed a little harder. "You're not a freak, Alex." 

If only he knew my secret.

   "Hey, lion." James hummed, threw my prosthetic on the floor and flopped on the bed. "Everything ok, bud?" 
   "You were right!" James sat on the bed and I looked up from the pillows. "He broke up with me."
   "I'll kick his ass. I swear to god. I'll fuck him up. I'll take that stupid braid and shove it up his a-"
   "Jamie...shut the fuck up." James chuckled and laid down next to me. 
   "So...What happened?"
   "I told him and he laughed and then he pinned me against the wall and he...wrote 'freak' on my arm." I mumbled, James' eyes widened and he grabbed my arm. "John already washed it off." I mumbled, James hugged me and I sniffed. 
   "This requires ice cream and movies. I'll be right back. Text me what you want from McDonald's and movie suggestions from Redbox." He grabbed his keys and smiled. "I love you."
   "Love you too." James ran out and I laid down. My phone buzzed and I fished it out of my pocket. 

John :)
Hey

Me

Hi

John :)
Are you ok?

Me
No

   I sighed and stared at the ceiling.

Me
Can we ft???

John :)
Totally gimme a sec :) 

   I smiled a bit and pulled the blankets over my body. My phone rang and I answered it. John face popped up on the screen and I smiled. He grinned and I blushed a bit. It was clear he was shirtless and I bit my lip. "Hey." He smiled.
   "Hey." I whispered.
   "What's wrong, darling?" I shrugged and sighed. "I just...I should've listened. Everyone was telling me-"
   "Hey, stop blaming yourself." John hummed, sitting up a bit. "No one knew this was gonna happen. You can't keep blaming yourself."
   "I can try." I mumbled. 
   "Alexander-" John stopped himself and sighed. "Never mind."
   "What?"
   "Nothing."
   "No! Tell me!" I giggled, John rolled his eyes and chuckled. 
   "I was just gonna say that you looked nice today." He smiled, I blushed and shifted. "You look nice everyday." He smiled, I blushed and looked away. "Sorry...I didn't mean to-"
   "No...Thanks."
   "Hey, do you maybe wanna catch a movie sometime or-"
   "No!" John jumped a bit and I huffed. "I'm sorry. I'm not ready to-"
   "It's not a date. It's a 'I wanna be friends again and I wanna catch a movie with you' thing." John chuckled, I blushed and bit my lip.
   "I'm sorry. I just thought-"
   "No, I get it. I could've asked way better. I was just afraid of you saying no." He chuckled. "It's not a date."
   "Not a date." I smiled. "I'm sorry I pushed you away."
   "We all loose our heads once in awhile." I smiled and John chuckled. "I mean I yelled at you then my dad and-..." He sighed and I pulled the covers up. "Look. Ever since Ma died I've had trouble telling people how I feel and I was just mad and jealous and I took it out on you."
   "Jealous?" I frowned.
   "You had a sweet boyfriend who complimented you. All I ever had was Francis."
   "What ever happened to Francis?"
   "I think I ruffled his feathers when I snapped at him." I giggled a bit and John ran his fingers through his hair. "I'm hoping his parents dragged him back to South Carolina." John chuckled dryly.
   "Hey...if he comes back I'll kick his ass." I smiled, John smirked and glanced down. 
   "You do that."
   "I have a question."
   "Hm?" 
   "Where is your shirt?" I giggled, a light blush spread across his cheeks and he huffed. 
   "I was hoping you wouldn't notice." 
   "How would I not notice!" I giggled.
   "I don't know! I didn't wanna get up." James walked in and I smiled at him. 
   "I have to go."
   "Oh...yeah."
   "Bye."
   "Bye." John smiled a bit, I hung up and James tossed me my food.
   "FaceTiming John?" He grinned.
   "Yeah. What?"
   "Nothing."