Always and Forever

John's POV

   "John!" I looked up from Alex and sighed. Alex looked up at me and I groaned. 
   "I will call the fucking police, you piece of fucking shit!" I spat, pushing Alex closer to the window. 
   "I just wanted to say goodbye, Pickles." Francis mumbled, I frowned and exchanged a confused look with Alex. "Mom and Dad are making me go back to South Carolina. I know I've been an ass to you...I just...I knew you weren't my soulmate and I was just hoping you'd still love me." 
   "I lived in fear because of you!"
   "I-I know. I'm so sorry. I'm just glad you're happy." Francis smiled a bit and I stood up. 
   "Thank you, Francis." I smiled, I hugged him and he turned to Alex. 
   "Take care of him for me." Alex nodded and Francis smiled. Francis left and I sat back down. 
   "How much do you wanna bet he was high." I smirked.
   "John, be nice. Maybe he was actually trying to apologize." 
   "Maybe you're right. I love you." I kissed him and he smiled.
   "I love you too." He smiled, we finished our milkshake and took him home. I walked him to the door and kissed him goodbye. 

   "Hey, dad." I smiled as I closed the front door and plopped on the couch. 
   "Hey, Jack. What college did you say Alex was gonna attend?"
   "Um-...I haven't asked. It's kind of a touchy subject." I huffed. 
   "Ah. I was just wondering." 
   "Why?"
   "I was just wondering if he was going out of state."
   "He's worried he won't go to college at all and end at McDonalds or something." 
   "Oh, that's awful."
   "I told him I won't let it come to that." 
   "What's he studying?"
   "He wants to go into law." I smiled, my dad smiled warmly and moved to the kitchen. 
   "Why don't you invite them to dinner?" I shrugged and grabbed my phone. I called my lovely boyfriend and sat at the table. 
   "Hey, Jacky." Alex stammered a bit. 
   "Hey, baby. Do you and James wanna come over for dinner?" 
   "Um-...I-...Something just happened."
   "Are you ok?"
   "I think so. I'm just...disoriented. We would love too come over for dinner."
   "Ok, cool. Do you wanna talk about-"
   "No...I don't. I'm sorry. I love you."
   "I love you too." I smiled, hanging up. My dad frowned at me and I sighed. "He said something happened."
   "Oh?"
   "He wouldn't say but they're coming to dinner." 
   "Ok." I texted Alex 'I love you' and he just read it. I got antsy and bit my lip. No...right? I stomped up to Martha's room and threw her door open. She looked up from homework and I flopped on the bed. I showed her my phone and she sighed. 
   "Don't ever go there, J. He wouldn't even date you at first. Why would he go to someone else?"
   "Maybe I'm not enough for him...Oh god! I'm not enough." 
   "Shut the fuck up you stupid bitch." Martha huffed. "Alex is not cheating on you." 

   I ran to get the door and smiled. James and Alex looked up from talking and smiled a bit. "Hey, guys." I let them in and Alex shifted. My dad came in the room and introduced himself, shaking hands with James. They disappeared into the kitchen and Alex shifted his weight. 
   "Can we go to your room?" He asked quietly. 
   "Sure, love." I smiled, I helped him upstairs and he plopped on my bed. He threw his prosthetic down and flopped on the bed, started to cry into my stuffed turtle. I crawled into the bed with him and sat next to him. "Baby, what's wrong?" 
   "I'm sorry!" He sobbed, sitting up and throwing himself on me. "I love you so much but I just-...I can't tell you."
   "Can you just tell me straight up?" I asked with a huff, he looked up at me and I bit my lip. "Are you cheating on me?" I spat out, Alex looked up in disbelief and tears dripped from his violet eyes. 
   "No...No! I would never!" 
   "Then aren't you telling me?" I begged.
   "I really don't wanna talk about it right now."
   "Do you not want me to know or-"
   "I'll tell you when I'm ready. I-I promise." I kissed him and he sniffed. "Can I just watch you play video games?" 
   "Sure, my love." 

   "John! Alex! Dinner!" My father called, I helped Alex downstairs and he slid into my mother's-his chair. It's his chair now and we're ok with that. I'm ok with that. My siblings and I joined hands and James and Alex shifted a bit. My father began to pray and James and Alex just sat there. It was clear they were uncomfortable and I leaned over to Alex. 
   "Baby-"
   "We don't believe. Not since mama died." He whispered, I kissed his head and smiled. 
   "That's ok, Peaches." I cooed.
   "So, Alex-" My father started. "I heard you were interested in practicing law." 
   "Yes, sir." Alex smiled proudly.
   "There is an intern job open in my law firm. I was wondering if you'd like to fill it?"  I smiled and Alex's jaw dropped.
   "Really!" Dad nodded and Alex looked at James for permission. James chuckled and gestured for him to say yes. "I'd love too!" Alex squealed, I chuckled and kissed his head. 

   "John?" Alex asked, tracing a line down my chest.
   "Hm?"
   "I love you." 
   "I love you too, baby."  I smiled.
   "I don't like not telling you things." He mumbled.
   "I don't like it either but you need to tell me when you're ready. Ok?" Alex nodded and I smiled. "I love you so much, baby." 
   "I love you too. Thanks you for always being here for me."
   "Always and forever, Peaches."