Promises Kept

A/N - We love writing this while watching The Office. It's sort of a paradox.

Third Person's POV

   "Do you, John Laurens, take Alexander Hamilton to be your lawfully wedded husband?" 
   "I do." John grinned without skipping a beat, trying to hold back the waterfalls ready to pour. 
   "And do you, Alexander Hamilton, take John Laurens to be your lawfully wedded husband?"
   "I do." Alex grinned wholeheartedly. 
   "I now pronounce you man and husband. You may kiss the groom." Alex reached out and grabbed John's tie, yanking him down into a kiss. Those in the audience erupted in cheers and the couple descended the steps. They thanked their guests and greeted everyone with hugs and a few laughs. John refused to let Alex's hand slip away from his. Everyone one filtered back to their cars to head to the reception while John and Alex sat down in the grass. John leaned forward and kissed Alex passionately. 
   "What was that for?" Alex giggled.
   "I just love you so much." John hummed, they had decided to take thirty minutes to themselves before going to the reception. They wanted to spend their first moments married alone. John accidentally pulled Alex's hair out and apologized profusely. Alex just laughed and pull his ponytail out. 

Alexander's POV

   John and I walked into the pavilion hand in hand and sat down at our table. I'm married to him. H o l y  s h i t. He's my husband. I love him so much. Jesus. James and Evelyn congratulated us and I hugged my brother. John and I sighed at the two empty chairs at the table. One for his mother and one for mine. We agreed that we'd leave vacant seats for them. There was also another seat but it wasn't supposed to be empty. It was for my father. James begged me not to invite him but it's my wedding. I wanted him here. James walked me down the aisle but I still wish my dad was there. James and I talked about it and we both decided to let him in if he wants in. "I'm sure he'll be here, baby." John whispered, kissing my temple. I smiled and we had dinner. Francis came and congratulated us and apologized to John again. John didn't necessarily forgive him but they made up. I forgot they were basically best friends before Francis hurt him. Francis ended up apologizing to me too for hurting John. He explained that he was in a dark place and had gotten addicted to drugs. 
   "I'm just really, really sorry." He sighed, John smiled and bro hugged him. 
   "It's alright, man. I'm glad you got off that path." John hummed. "It was really big of you to apologize like this."
   "Yeah...I-I wasn't gonna come but-...I figured I had too. I'm really happy for you both and y'all look amazing and John-...Just know that I did love you in the beginning." 
   "Thank you for coming, Francis." John smiled, Francis nodded and he went back to his table. I kissed his cheek and James' eyes widened. 
   "Um-...Do I need to check in or-" I jumped up and stared up at my father. "Sorry I couldn't make it to the ceremony. I-" I hugged him and he stumbled a bit. 
   "You came!"
   "Of course." I sniffed and tried to keep from crying. "I tried to make the ceremony but-"
   "It doesn't matter. You came." I smiled, James stood and offered his hand to shake. Dad shook his hand and James pulled him into a hug. They apologized to each other and James explained that we kind of resented him. 
   "I figured. I did walk out on you three. When I heard of you mother's passing I...fell off the deep end. I started drinking and I left that tramp. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have even left in the first place. I'm so sorry." We hugged and he smiled. "You looked great Alexander and I'm happy for you both." He smiled. "And you're Evelyn, right?" He asked gesturing toward her. 
   "Yes, hi. I'd get up but-"
   "Oh, wow!" Dad grinned, James grinned and Evelyn rubbed her stomach. "Congratulations, James." 
   "Thank you." We sat down and talked a bit. My dad met John's dad and Martha and I leaned into John. When it was time for our first dance we ended up just hugging and swaying. John had started crying and I hugged him tightly, making me cry. 
   "I love you so much." He gushed.
   "You're such a baby."
   "So are you!" I laughed and kissed him. We invited everyone to the dance floor and John dance with Martha while I danced with James. Martha was actually John's best man and Evelyn was my Maid of Honor. Hercules begged us to let him be the flower girl and we settled on him and little Mary. Laf and John's brother, James, were the ring bearers. Everything was so perfect.

John's POV

   Listen. You can call me a pussy but watching the most beautiful person in the world walk down the aisle to me and say 'I do' just rocked my shit. Crying during our first dance was probably my lowest point but I wouldn't have it any other way because Alex-my husband-was holding me and crying too. "Your eyes are red." Martha grinned. 
   "Shut up!" I laughed, I glanced at the table and sighed. "I wish mom were here."
   "I do too but she's watching. I know she is and I know she'd be so proud of you." Martha smiled. 
   "Thanks, Mari." I smiled, hugging her tightly. 
   "Also, you get to explain to David about the whole best man thing." I laughed and smiled.
   "Got it." Oh, yeah. Martha found her soulmate. First week of high school. She keeps bragging but you know what? I don't care because my soulmate is my husband. That's all I could ask for. The song ended and I hugged Alex from behind. "You wanna sneak outside and cuddle?" I asked quietly.
   "Oh, yes!" He giggled. "You get snacks, I'll get drinks." 
   "Got it. Five minutes." We darted off in different directions and I gathered as many snacks as I could. I met Alex outside and he grinned. 
   "Have you seen my husband? He's tall, blonde, and incredibly handsome." He grinned, I chuckled and looked around. 
   "No, I don't think so. I'll keep an eye out though." I grinned, kissing him. We sat on a bench in the garden and I wrapped my arm around his shoulders. "You are so so beautiful, baby." 
   "You are very handsome as well, Jack." Alex smiled and kissed me. "Seriously, though. I need to find my husband. I don-" I rolled my eyes and kissed him again as he giggled. "You think you're so funny. Don't you?" 
   "I am funny!" He gasped, punching my arm.
   "Occasionally."
   "OcCaSiOnAlLy!" He gasped. "I am always funny."
   "Yes, you are." I smiled.
   "Thank you."
   "For what. baby?" I frowned as he leaned against me.
   "Keeping your promises."
   "I love you, Alexander Hamilton-Laurens."
   "I love you too, John Laurens-Hamilton."