Meltdown (Part 2)

A/N - I FIGURED ON HOW TO MAKE THE WEIRD SPACES GO AWAY!!!! now I don't have to go back and do it manually on my phone!!!

Alexander's POV

   "Hey, John." I grinned, catching up to him as he walked down the front steps of the school. 
   "Hey. I can't give you a ride home." He grumbled.
   "Why not?" I frowned. 
   "Because I can't." John snapped, clearly getting frustrated. "Just get a ride from your fucking boyfriend."
   "Andre's busy." I mumbled.
   "Then take the fucking subway. I'm not your fucking chauffeur, Alex." He spat, I stopped walking as tears welled up in my eyes and bit my lip. 
   "John, I'm sorry if I-"
   "Just fuck off." He stormed away and disappeared in the sea of cars. I sniffed and wipe my eyes, deciding to see if my boyfriend could take me home. I found him in the library with his friends and poked his shoulder. 
   "Hey, babe." He smiled.
   "Hey, can you take me home? John can't for some reason." 
   "I told you no. I have stuff to do. Just take the subway."
   "You know I don't like the subway."
   "Alex, I have shit to do." 
   "Ok..." I sniffed, I got my phone out and sat on a bench in front of the school. I called James and waited patiently. 
   "Alex? I'm at work. What's wrong?"
   "John can't take me home and neither can Andre. Can you come get me?" James sighed heavily and I bit my lip. 
   "I'm sorry. I really don't wanna take the subway." I mumbled, James groaned and huffed. 
   "Ok...I just...Hang tight. I'm on the way." I sunk in my seat and sniffed. After ten minutes James pulled up and I hobbled to his car. I got in and he sighed. "Alex, I was busy. Now I'm not gonna get paid for that. They're gonna have to dock me. We need that money, Lion. I-" I started to cry and James sighed. "What happened?"
   "John  yelled at me. He got mad and I don't know why. I don't know why I'm so upset." I cried, James pulled up to the apartment and I got out. 
   "Do you want me to take off?"
   "No, I'll manage." He drove away and I threw open the door to our apartment. I threw my backpack down and took my prosthetic off before collapsing in my bed and sobbing into my pillows. I don't why but it hurt so much when John yelled at me. I was awful. 

   When James got home he handed me a pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream and a little bit of makeup. I smiled weakly and he sat next to me. "I'm sorry for-"
   "It's fine. We'll figure it out. We always do." He kissed my head and I hugged him tightly. We watched a movie and I ate my ice cream. When the movie was over I laid down and stared at the ceiling. I started to cry again and James sighed. He laid down next to me and bundled me in the blankets. He started singing our mother's french lullaby a little off key as he held me tightly. I cried for about an hour until I finally fell asleep. 

   I felt the bed move and I shifted a bit. I heard the door open and a familiar voice asked a question. I tried to go back to sleep and the conversation moved outside. After a few minutes James came back in and laid down. I yawned and rolled over, whining. James chuckled and I yawned. I shimmied closer to him and fell back asleep.